ID:98527

Keywords: tm, wisconsin
It has been quite a while since my last blog post. I have not really done much since. It's currently 11:37 PM, I have gotten into the habit of going to sleep at around 5 in the morning and waking up and 9am -2pm. Not really the healthiest thing I could be doing, I'll then go downstairs, take out the garbage and check if anything else needs to be taken care of. Get something to eat then go autopilot on the computer and TV until I go upstairs and autopilot some more.

I'm getting ready to go to EAA 'Airventure.' It's the Experimental Aircraft Association's gigantic festival about airplanes. I've been going for about 7 years now and it's awesome. It's held in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, which is the state I live in so it's not very far from me. Theres so many planes, from P-51's to F-16's, Cesna's to Predator's. Last year I saw Virgin Galactic's 'White Knight 2', wicked awesome paint job on that.

The eye is just so beautiful in person. Anyways, I've also seen F22s, amazing in flight, though when vectoring I see a slight twitch-bounce. A B52 once did a fly by, came out of nowhere and didn't return. I never knew how big those things are until I saw like this gigantic black wing fly over the airport. Last year I also saw Airbus's A380, it was absolutely massive. Though to my surprise, it stops faster than a 747 and looks to float when it moves slow, because of how massive it is. It can hold over a million pounds of weight, and most likely a million pounds of the currency as well.

This year they will have a guy bringing his private harrier. Thats right, a citizen owns a harrier, it goes through like 3 gallons of fuel a second. I think it might have qualified for 'Cash For Clunkers.' Its strange that someone could privately own that kind of military technology. I'm excited that Chicago will be having a concert there as well, I've seen the Beach Boy's twice and the Doobie Brothers. 25 or six to fo-our!

Well anyways, I camp next to the airport, this year I'll be like 2 rows from the fences of the airport. I'll be able to watch all the aerobatics and stuff from my camp site. Though for the harriers and other things I'll go down to the flight line.

I'm going to sign off here, so,
TM

Edit: Oh yeah, comments are welcome.
A citizen owning a harrier? That's it, I demand the right to buy my very own EIFV.
Theironx wrote:
A citizen owning a harrier? That's it, I demand the right to buy my very own EIFV.

http://www.airventure.org/news/2010/100407_harrier.html

Second sea harrier ever made, oldest surviving one.