ID:98912

Keywords: characterbattle

Poll: Who would win in a fight? (Check post for details)

Wrangler (from Wrangle, Warp and Weep) 35% (14)
SkyWurm (from SkyWurm) 64% (25)

The polls are now closed.

Versus

Wrangle, Warp and Weep's Wrangler has been shoved into a battle field against one of SkyWurm's SkyWurms! Who will win the fight? That's up to you!

This is called Character Battle. It's meant to get some activity in this fairly dead guild we have here, and just to have some fun! I have taken 16 of some of BYOND Action's most beloved and original characters and lined them up for a fierce battle against each other. The one that decides the winner is you as you vote in these polls. What does the winner get? Well, nothing expect the fact that they won. That's beside the point, though. This is about having some fun and activity in the guild with some good, clean character battles!

Each week will bring to us a new battle. I have all of the battles and the chart on how this will all work at the bottom of this post.

Don't know one of the characters? Try out the game and see what you think for yourselves! I've linked to the games above. Happy battling! Here's the chart on the battles and how they're lined up. First we'll battle off the first set of four battles on the left. Then we'll battle off the first four sets of battles on the right. And back and forth we go until the final battle!

This is a neat idea, but before you start doing events like this perhaps you should actually familiarize yourself with BYOND Action.

No Murder Mansion, Scarey Game, Proelium or Decadence? Three of those are BYOND Action classics, and although Decadence is still in development most people have played it and it's the only major game on the horizon for this guild.

Instead you've mostly got a bunch of obscure games that haven't been updated in 5+ years and 99% of BYONDers never played.
Demolition Droid is from Proelium 2. I probably should have specified that. I was going to do Murder Mansion but I wasn't quite sure what I could use from that. Decadence isn't regularly hosted or really all that complete so I obviously wouldn't use that. Scarey Game I just didn't do.

Just to defend myself, I'm pretty sure plenty of people have played Wrangle, Warp and Weep, Lode Wars, Jeet Kune Do, Feval, Proelium 2, Paradise City, Red Cap, Vengeance 56, and Scream of the Stickster 1 and 2. That's why I chose them. The point also is, if someone hasn't tried some of these games, to get them to go try them out of curiosity.
Also, I will probably do another one of these character battles eventually. There's still lots of other characters from both the same and other games I could use. If you can think of something I could use from Murder Mansion, that would be great. I know a lot of people like that game, but I couldn't think of what to use as a "character".
I understand - I just think that VG Character brackets like this only work if they include all of the major faces. If an important character/game isn't on the list then many people won't be that interested. Ex: Murder Mansion was one of the BYOND Actions most popular games for years, so it's a pretty glaring omission.

It looks like you still have room for 4 more entries at the bottom of the bracket to even it out. Perhaps you should ask around a bit and see if anyone else thinks a character/game is missing? As long as you're including obscure classics, I vote for the Creature from SpaceTug.
Fugsnarf wrote:
If you can think of something I could use from Murder Mansion, that would be great.

To be honest with you I never really played it much. I just know that a lot of people loved it and that it was popular for a long time.
Yeah, there's still room and it's not too late to accept some new entries as long as I can get a solid four more from new games.

I will point out that everything I use here is from games that can either be downloaded or are regularly hosted. I don't see, nor have I ever played SpaceTug before. Believe it or not, I -am- familiar with BYOND Action. Just the BYOND Action of today, not of years ago.
I'd be happy if a Wrangler could at least beat an old, farting spider from Webcrawl. [Insert more whining about reviews being a feature requirement in BYOND Action.]
Sadly, Murder Mansion has no main character(s). Their names are randomized, and are simply room color-based guests in the mansion. (Or campers at a camp.. Or somehow in a hospital.. Or people on a cruise..)
Tank vs Bola... Those are my two favorites... :(
For this competition to be fair you need four more characters on the two bottom brackets. I suggest adding the Killer from Scarey Game, the Ninja from Thieves, the Yellow Block from WarBlox, and the Entity from Night Fantastic.
The Ninja vs. The Yellow Block.
SuperAntx wrote:
For this competition to be fair you need four more characters on the two bottom brackets. I suggest adding the Killer from Scarey Game, the Ninja from Thieves, the Yellow Block from WarBlox, and the Entity from Night Fantastic.

Good suggestions. Thanks for the input. Is there a picture of the Entity I can use?
Fugsnarf wrote:
Good suggestions. Thanks for the input. Is there a picture of the Entity I can use?

No, I don't think so. Night Fantastic is played in the dark. The only way you know the location of the Entity is by hearing its breath.
I've updated the fights with the four new fighters at the bottoms. For the entity I'll just use the text that pops up when he kills you for his picture.
Tank wins.
Shouldn't it be Yellow Block (WarBlox)?
I guess I kinda mixed up how I did it. I put Vengeance 56 Russian on the other side as well as SurviveThis! Zombie and Paradise City Gunman.