ID:99018

The road I was taking towards building this game was long and tedious, I have decided upon looking at the game from a different angle.

What I plan to do is create a fun and generalized concept of play within spies for you guys to play and test the current systems. As you play the game, I will continue to build followers and eliminate bugs as I build, which will give me the motivation I need. I know three to four people actually give feedback on my posts, so I can expect that many players at most. I also know people support the game who don't pay attention to the front page.

I know you don't care about that, so lets get to the point:

Within this 'playtest' short version of the game, you will pick one of 2 'countries'. Once selected, you will be located in that country's military base.
Here you will have a variety of technology and equipment well-suited for acts of espionage, along with base security to prevent intruders.

A base is divided into the following divisions:
Main hallway
Maintenance hallways
Equipment room
Generator room
Medical bay (not in yet)
Radio transmission room
Control room/security
Prison cells
A loading dock for new tech.
Technological research lab.

Below you will see a screenshot of the main office security room.

You may notice odd objects in that screenshot, such as a wrench? Why would you need a wrench? Lets get down to it.

The items within this playtest consist of the following; (copied from my notes)
Extreme Basics -- Items

power cell for portable items
radio/frequency signaller
power cell recharger
item storage crate
flash bang
hand cuffs
pen/paper
security shocker

Relating to espionage

shades (block flash bangs)
thermal goggles
xray goggles
explosives

to pry a wall down:
pry bar
cutting torch
wrench
chemical reconstruction - tears a wall down without noise and will rebuild the wall after x time

explosives linked to
timer
radio frequency (transmitter)
motion sensor
laser tripwire (emitter)
emitters can be used seperate and a frequency can be set. triggering the emmiter pings
to desired frequency, in this case could trigger an explosive

emp bomb temporarily disables electronic devices in area (lights/security/alarms)

lockpick
smoke bomb

These are basically all the equipment that will be available by the time I host the game, and everyone has free access to it all.

Now the point of the game in this version is simple. You will be in contact with a superior adviser, and he/she will be giving you various missions. None are extremely in-depth and complicated yet.
These missions will either be classified document retrieval from within the enemy base, or assassination of an opposing team member.

Skill will be required to infiltrate a base, as I will supply you with technology, it is up to you to use your competence to put this technology to use and complete your goal. There are no stats in this game, and there never will be. For now, everything is free and unlimited (there are time limits for re-manufacturing of items), and there will be limited stats on items that are rewarded to spies who are successful.

Well this playtest will be public very soon, so keep an eye out for it. This is a warning post.

I'm a fan of the graphics.
Sounds great. Handful of items and abilities you got there. I'd be happy to try the game.
Heh so it turns out that you didn't go with that lighting after all.

Are you using your own machine to host this? Do you have a server?

Get in touch with me.
cant wait
If you look closely you can tell the walls, doors, and the turret-things are from Space Station 13. That's not to say this game doesn't look awesome, however!
If you look closer, the only graphics taken directly from ss13 are the doors and light bulbs. Everything else I have drawn myself, I'm happy to hear your liking them. I myself love the more simplistic look.

I was also playing around with a concept of auto-joining shadow states, 543BR. It looked quite good and was as consuming as darke's dynamic lighting system. It was tedious however, and I'm still jumping around with that. I do have a server to host the game, I want to eliminate any chance of lag.

The server has 50 GB Disk Space, 1000 GB Bandwidth, and 512MB RAM
I'm no expert, but I'm hoping this will serve all the game's needs and more.