ID:99048

Keywords: techtree

I've taken over BYOND's Facebook page.  I already had administrative access, but Tiberath posted the links to Tech Tree for me so I never had to use it.  I'm planning on posting every weekday and maybe on weekends.  Grabbing a single link from the entire site isn't as taxing to me as Tech Tree.  It's kind of fun.

That said, I can't seem to post under my own name while on the page.  That means any replies from me will probably look more official than they should.  I don't spend a lot of time answering technical issues and I'd rather not make BYOND look ignorant.  Feel free to politely answer any questions that pop up or direct them to the proper forum!

This week's column is short, but I hope it will bulk up the Gamasutra version.  Enjoy. =)

Acebloke has announced that a new version of Wargames will be available on the first day of August.  While changes and test servers have been mentioned, this will be the first release of the economic/military simulation in over a year.

That means I can start nagging him to improve Exploder's interface on August 2nd, right? ;)

Geldonyetich appears to have settled on a hybrid of 4X and RPG for his next project.  Disciples, King's Bounty and Heroes of Might And Magic are listed as prior examples, but he's looking to create something more unique in his design document.  The game is currently called Project Cryoship.  Frozen during the 20th/21st century, players will be thawed by a vessel designed to revive the human race.  Each server will be its own ship.

Danny Roe has been temporarily separated from the source files of his tile-laying board game, Proximity.  He appears to be taking it pretty hard.  I mean, he's drawing game interfaces in Photoshop for crying out loud!

It's an RPG too.  Frell, maybe I should be drawing.

It was recently suggested that BYOND Journalism should be added to the Community menu at the top, but that implies the BYOND staff can rule over it.  (Tom can rearrange the banner guilds at any time.)  I have, however, added the guild to the list of associates on the right...  Not that it's as prominent.

Meanwhile, Fugsnarf is getting to add the random tidbits of fun that I've been told are annoying here.  The latest BYOND Weekly even has a fire-breathing cat...  The poor thing must have been forced to join the circus after I assassinated BYOND RPG's calvary leader and, unfortunately, left the door open for stalking pedophiles.

I've been resting and trying to get better.  There's a bug with the infrastructure of my turn-based combative space race, StarScurrier, but I have not bothered fixing it.  Meanwhile, I worked on the projectile graphics for my shooter, but there still isn't any game to speak of.  I'm probably going to channel Geldonyetich and post a reason why on my blog.  Posting a link to the awesome Korean drama that is The Great Queen SeonDeok probably works along those lines as well. ;)

Give me some wiggle room.  Fugsnarf just sent a dragon after my brain-in-a-jar and didn't even grant any strays to power the shields.  Who would win?  It's a fix!

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

Dr. Sub Zero has made an awkward attempt to take over The Dogface Show, Scott Nicholson has written a book and Day[9], who manages to spend an hour of my day for some ungodly reason, is helping host a release party for StarCraft II.

But Joe Steadman is reviewing something other than a wargame.  Now that's news.

Sign the petition from the Electronic Consumers Association that will be submitted along with their amicus brief in the case of Schwarzenegger v. EMA. Protect your gamer rights!

Heh, I had completely forgotten about Tiberath's random cat pictures.
If your lucky :p btw, the last couple of updates were in August 2009, so I'll have JUST managed to get an update in before a full year is up (although in reality, its pretty much the same thing isn't it).

I'm going to try and not do that again!