ID:990685

Title says all! Which anime is not owned by Funimation. Except those

• Pokemon
  • Naruto
  • Digimon
  • Megaman

A nice and recent anime. Thank you :)
An exhaustive list of anime not licensed or owned by FUNimation would be very, very large. It would be easier to list the ones FUNimation own, and there's not really a reason to do that either.

More or less we check with Wikipedia or the FUNimation site to see if they have anything to do with an anime. If they do, then it's something we can't list.
@LordAndrew
Ok I'll make sure to check out

@Gamer95
Sword Art Online, never tried, i'll see if i should make a game of it :)
@Gamer95
Wow, just wow! Sword Art Online's first episode is pretty awesome. I'll keep watching!
I told you so :). After you watch that look at an anime called Guilty Crown if you haven't seen it. Its finished but I think its so way than Sword Art Online is for the time being.
@Gamer95
I will :D
Revolutionary Girl Utena.
@Stephen001
Is it worth watching?
Hahahahahahaha etc.

I loved it, it's probably my second favourite Anime ever. But, it is aimed at girls, so ... not many here would like it I think.
@Stephen001
I am not really into girl anime.
I'd figured not. Kind of a shame, as it's a very good deconstruction of young male / female personalities in schools, and the dangers of adults manipulating teens for their own ends. Gets you thinking.
FUNimation isn't the only publishing/licensing company that will pursue legal action towards a game that is based on an anime they own the license to, if that's what you're asking.
=/ Well i doubt that Sword Art Online has gotten published by any company.
Sword Art Online's liscence has not been picked up by any company for American publication yet, so. You should be fine there.
@Super Sayan X
Exactly what i'm sayin' :) and Hopefully it isn't
[Viz Media is the company that owns Naruto] http://www.viz.com/copyrights
http://www.funimation.com/copyright

I couldn't find a list of copyrights held by SquareEnix.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Ah, thank you. I don't know how I missed that.
US law is funny, how can you 'own' something you license (basically, rent) from another company.

Its like saying I own my house, despite the fact that I don't.
In response to Acebloke
Acebloke wrote:
US law is funny, how can you 'own' something you license (basically, rent) from another company.

Its like saying I own my house, despite the fact that I don't.

I don't see how that's weird. If you're renting a house it's your responsibility. If you own the license of a manga/anime, you don't want people stealing the ideas and making money off of it. A publisher is really just a guardian to an author, though they can screw up the license with bad dubs, and etc, the publishing company has the ability to pursue legal action in multiple countries in order to protect the license.