ID:990798

(See the best response by Tom.)
Oh My God! Dream Maker Compiling take so much time! Keep Saying "Sword Art Online - Dream Maker (Not Responding)" Can't we make it faster. My computer lags when even i click Compile it!
How big is the source code you're trying to compile, roughly? Also, how big is the map?
Some people have also reported that using the "Automatically set FILE_DIR for sub-directories" preference option can slow down compile speed for projects with a lot of, well, sub-directories. Try disabling that and specifying your icon sub-directories manually with #define FILE_DIR directory_here
I think that FILE_DIR thing is a red-herring as I did a number of tests this weekend and our file lookups were never the bottleneck. Nevertheless, in the next version I have it set to only include directories that have resources (so you'll have to manually add dirs that use non-icon/sound resources).
Map = 150x100
In case i unchecked Automatically set FILE_DIR do i need to add #define FILE_DIR directory_here or i just uncheck it and delete the folders, with no sub-directories.
Best response
FILE_DIR will just make it so that you can directly reference any resources in subdirectories of your game, without specifying the directory path. If you uncheck it and do a clean-compile and it still works, then there is no issue. If you get path errors, you'll have to manually add in the directories that contain your resources with code like:
#define FILE_DIR icons

At any rate, if this does in fact fix the problem, be sure to let us know because in my tests, it doesn't make a difference. I'd also be curious if this new version fixes the problem.