ID:99128

Keywords: health, playstation, xbox
My gut has finally been feeling relatively normal, but my left ear clogged up overnight. Experience tells me that daggers are soon going to start stabbing in time with my heartbeat. I figure that I'll be mostly fine once I can get my medicine, but it takes a prescription and the fact that this problem often strikes on the weekend (when my doctor options are limited) is really grating.

Monster Lab turned out to be a poor game for avoiding gut-sickening frustration. While the battles are turn-based, avoiding enemies is done in real time and just about everything else is done with timed minigames. Meanwhile, the load times are horrendous and the developers made it even worse by dividing the main menu into 3D rooms that each load separately.

Star Trek: Conquest seems like a good pick though. It took a while, but I finally beat my first campaign. Granted, it was on easy. Unfortunately, the game is very raw. If my games intimidate you, picture one with no in-game manual and factions that play differently. ;)

I also bought The Bard's Tale for Xbox. It's real-time, but somewhat relaxing. I just wanted to finally get past the point that my last copy was crashing on. I figure I can keep swapping them whenever one has a problem.
I'm just now getting over a day bout with the cold monster, It's still at the point where if i lean forward I feel like i broke my jaw(literally broke it, speaking from experience), and OTC Decongestants aren't cutting it.

So I'm feeling your pain.
Nuckelavee! Oh Nuckelavee.
are you dying?
I had a problem with my ears getting backed up. From what my Doctor told me, ears are supposed to naturally "leak" fluids or semi-fluids (like ear wax) over time, but for whatever reason, my ears have an issue doing this. I was prescribed a over the counter ear cleaner. Works like a charm. The only problem is, this can have a tendancy to dry your ears out if used too often.
What a coincidence. My right ear just clogged up last night. Actually right after I ate dinner. Both of my ears have actually been infected for the past week. My right one just happened to act up yesterday and I can't hear out of it. This is after I've been taking medicine for a week too.
Update: The local clinic was closed despite its published hours so I went to another a few towns away. The PDA seemed confused and disagreed with the diagnoses of my earlier ear problems (or at least my explanation). She said my ear was infected. On the bright side, I got my drops and even a prescription for antibiotic pills. (It was suggested that I hold off on the antibiotics due to cost since the drops might work just as well.)

@Vermolious: I'm not there yet. ;)