A Miner Adventure

by Forum_account
A Miner Adventure
Use a pick-ax and bombs to dig tunnels and build scaffolding to traverse the caves. Be careful, you'll never know what kind of danger you'll find!
ID:99283

Use a pick-ax and bombs to dig tunnels and build scaffolding to traverse the caves. Be careful, you'll never know what kind of danger you'll find!

Want to make an action platform game of your own? Check out this library, it's what I used to make this game!

Thanks to Mr. Waltz for the background music! I couldn't have imagined something more fitting for the game's atmosphere.

Controls:
F1 - Help
Arrow Keys = Move
Space Bar / Z = Jump
X + Arrow Key = Dig
A = Use Switch, Talk to NPC, Pick up Item
S = Build Scaffolding
B = Bomb
Jump + Down Arrow = Drop through scaffolding

Version 8.0

• Lots of medals
• Improved graphics
• Expanded adventure mode
I like it. Especially how you can make the water travel.
Yut Put wrote:
in my second play i found there was a ton more to discover than water =D its actually realllly fun and adventerous i hope its not d/c

I'm glad you like it. I have more things planned, I just haven't had time to add them all yet. Hopefully I can get another update ready before this weekend.
If this game were ever to go online you could make them have a lobby where they can make a group of 5 and select a stage to play and they have to avoid monsters,traps and whatnot.
Kaimana wrote:
If this game were ever to go online you could make them have a lobby where they can make a group of 5 and select a stage to play and they have to avoid monsters,traps and whatnot.

That's exactly what I'm working on!

I have ideas for a few different modes of play. When the game starts players would be in some type of lobby where they can select a type of game to play. I have some other ideas for modes of play, but suggestions are always appreciated =)
add some medals so this could be included in Medal Metal Arena.
Sliced Death wrote:
add some medals...

I would like to, but currently there's not much a player could to that would earn them a medal (aside from simple things like "dig 1,000 tiles of dirt!"). Once I get some different gameplay modes working (or expand the current one) I'll probably add some medals.
I love this game. Its so Great, I cant wait to play the finished version of adventure mode :) btw, i won story mode :)
This game is cool but why no one's playing it?
I love this game and untill it gets updated i am hosting it
Smdytb1 wrote:
I love this game and untill it gets updated i am hosting it

UPDATE THE GAME
I'm working on it but it'll take a while. There are a couple problems with it:

1. It includes an early implementation of pixel movement which later evolved into my Sidescroller library. To update the game I'd like to make it use the current version of the actual library.

2. Different modes of play were almost an afterthought and aren't handled as nicely as I'd like them to be.

It'll take a while to get an update done, not because this is a lot of work, but because I don't have a lot of time to spend on it.
Hosting for a several day and see how it goes.
Very much enjoyed, hope to see an update in future :)
This was a fun game, original for BYOND. Would of been nice if combat was a bit more advanced, I had a hard time defeating the final Aliens with only Bombs. Possibly a longer storyline?
i'm getting craaaaazy issues with the controls. i'll hold the right key and then press the jump key, and after 10 seconds of walking to the right my character will finally decide to jump (this is single player not-hosted, no lag). i'll tap the right key for half a second and then tap the left key for half a second, and my character will walk 5 paces to the right and then 25 paces to the left. all sorts of weird random things

it's impossible for me to go down the elevator in the tutorial level because my character always runs past the elevator while i'm not touching the keyboard at all, and then i'll lightly touch the left key to move one pace to the left and he goes dashing off to the left side of the screen eternally and can't be stopped
Have you had these problems in other sidescrollers? Can you open task manager and see how much CPU the game is using?

Clearly the game isn't coded to have a 10 second delay on jumping. My guess is that dreamseeker is burdened by drawing the screen and is missing keystrokes. There isn't much I can do to fix it (you can turn off lighting, that might help), but maybe it's a BYOND issue we can get fixed if we can figure out what's happening.
Forum_account wrote:
Have you had these problems in other sidescrollers?
nope, not in any. all the demos in your sidescroller library run perfectly (and are excellent!)

Can you open task manager and see how much CPU the game is using?
hovers at around 8-14%

you can turn off lighting, that might help
it seemed to help a little bit, but that may just be the randomness being on my side this time. after turning off lighting, i was eventually able to get on the elevator tile and go down, but it's still being very finnicky and doing things like moving me 10 tiles when i tap the key once, about 40% of the time. changing game settings to fast seemed to have no effect
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7