ID:99286

I actually got a little bit of work done on the infrastructure of my combative space race with simultaneous turns, StarScurrier. Granted it took me long enough to figure out that I can squish the window vertically to use Dream Maker while watching videos on my old CRT monitor.

However, this is about my shooter.

All I've managed to do is create some animated projectiles. Hopefully it's apparent which ones are guided. (Hint: They look like spiky arrowheads.)

No progress was made on the player or enemies. I believe it's because I've been wasting time trying to design background stories for characters. That's more than I need. (20% is it?) The notion of rescuing friends from their inner demons should be enough without defining who those friends are. I should be concentrating on the mechanics so the characters play differently from each other.

I only managed to create one character. Naturally, I tied the mechanics to her background. I gave her two giant cannons that adjusted their aim based on which direction she was moving in. In other words, I applied breast jiggling that's more annoying than sexy. Her inner demons focused on jealous women who hated her despite their boyfriends not being size kings.

This allowed me a small opportunity to criticize videogame criticism. However, I don't know if there are enough issues that irk me enough to do that with the other characters. It would ring false and feel like I'm trying too hard... Like another opinion I might have of some videogame criticism. ;)

I'm thinking that I will instead try to make unique characters that look like they play and leave it at that. If players start assigning stories to them then so be it. I want a frelling game.