ID:99361

Keywords: art, game, mma
Recently, I put together a library named MedalData, which allows for an in depth view of the medals players have earned on BYOND games--not just the game MedalData is used in. More recently, I blogged about games with medals. At this point, I'm disappointed in the lack of games that employ medals..

(Not part of the game, just something to momentarily distract you from the wall of text.)

Anyway, I'm developing a game that will support games with medals. The game will be played similar to other BYOND Arena style games. Fight enemies, get stronger, fight stronger enemies. Since I'm doing art, and programming for the project, I'll have to stick to this simple scope--especially since the art still takes me forever.

The game will be known as Medal Metal Arena, or MMA for short. Player's will be building a robot from 'junk' parts they scavenge from the Waste, which they then pit against enemies or each other. I have intentions of having rankings, a campaign ladder and some other neat stuff to make the combat have a purpose.

(An early mockup of MMA)

So, how does this support games? The Waste is divided up into multiple sectors, each of which will represent an OMG (Other Medal Game) and the Waste is where you get your parts. Players might find themselves scavenging the Regressia Sector for parts, and the number of Regressia medals they have (and maybe other secret stuff to do with Regressia medals) will determine their luck with findings. I don't intend for this to be the only reward for collecting medals either. There will quite likely be some great benefit for earning 100% of the medals in a given game--since this is often very difficult.

As of now, I've found 19 games with medals that I intend to use :Blobble (5), Death Note Online (18), Deus Rex (12), Feval (15), Final Fantasy Legacy (33), Mooseland (6), Murder Mansion (7), My Life As A Spy (13), NEStalgia (22), PathWrath2 (6), Plunder Gnome (7), Pokemon Citrine Online (8), Regressia (7), Resident Evil (29), Tomb Explorer (6), TurtleTower (7), ACWraith.WarpWrangleAndWeep (5), WitchesChess (24). If you know a good game that I missed, please let me know.

I'll explain how I intend to deviate from the norm of BYOND arena games next time.
Thats an awesome idea. Good stuff Verm.
On Topic: Looks good. I like the idea.

Off Topic: Wheres Wtrbooger? MMA? He's got 50 wins.
Andrew sertsis wrote:

What?
Vermolius wrote:
Andrew sertsis wrote:

What?

Wtrbooger was saying he was an MMA fighter and that he had 50 wins. So i thought I'd make a little joke.
Andrew sertsis wrote:
Wtrbooger was saying he was an MMA fighter and that he had 50 wins. So i thought I'd make a little joke.

I took preempt action against such tomfoolery! Didn't you read the blog summary!?
Vermolius wrote:
Andrew sertsis wrote:

I took preempt action against such tomfoolery! Didn't you read the blog summary!?

Yes.
Genius.
Rage? :D
Mickemoose wrote:
Rage? :D

It was suggested by DivineTraveller, so I gave it a play or three. Do you wish that I remove it?
No, it's just not on the listed games.
Oh right, it should be in there. I'll update the list on my next post.