ID:99429

BYOND Version:471
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.5
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Duplicates:id:100736
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When entering a game that you've edited the skin for manually that has had an upgrade to the resources or skin you are prompted to upgrade the skin. Selecting "No" on this dialog causes Dream Seeker to silently close without finishing its connection to the game.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1) Enter a game without a control_freak setting.

2) Close the game and edit the skin file in any way.

3) Clear your cache to force the game resources to download again. After the download you should get the prompt.

4) Click "No" on the dialog, which should cause the splash screen to close without a DS window appearing.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

The skin to remain unchanged and the game to load.

Actual Results:

The game does not load at all, doesn't even attempt to.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?

The second time you try to connect to the game after the failure has taken place.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

It has occurred as long as I can remember since the introduction of editing skins manually.

Workarounds:

None.
The numbered steps as listed don't cause a problem for me. I hosted a game in DD and joined it, closed it, changed the local skin, cleared the cache, and rejoined. I did not get a request to update (which is actually correct behavior for these steps, because the skin hadn't updated). To cause any issue I actually have to edit the hash in skins.txt.
I thought I had something happening with the update message but it turned out to be something unrelated. After correcting for that, the update message behaves normally. Selecting no will simply reconnect, as it is supposed to. I was not able to verify any problem.