ID:99431

Keywords: techtree

This is being posted slightly earlier than usual, but I've been having to dedicate portions of my day to laying down and keeping ear medicine from leaking out.  On the bright side, I seem to be feeling better.  Jinx.  I can hear from both ears and I think my pancreas is OK.  (It could just be that the sensation in my head is so much stronger than that in my gut.)

Plus, laying down has been giving me an excuse to stream more of The Great Queen SeonDeok.  I'm about to watch the 40th episode. ;)

EnigmaticGallivanter interviewed Lummox JR for BYOND Journalism.  Among other things, it points out the relationship between BYOND's /icon datum, his Risk-like Incursion and Incursion's proof-of-concept project, Landwar.

Not that it focuses on that, but... well... this is Tech Tree. ;)

Calus CoRPS released a demo for what could eventually be an action/strategy hybrid called MOLEAlexandra Erin's Miner League was a source of inspiration.  Calus CoRPS states that managing resources and constructing bases will likely be the focus.  I'm still not sure how much it will lean towards action.  Right now it's a physics engine.

Ganing is thinking of creating an RTS or tower defense game with a martial arts theme.  Players will take the roles of dojo masters training students in the use of weapons with various strengths and weaknesses.  A pixel artist might be welcomed later.  Suggestions are welcomed now.

Mecha Destroyer JD is disappointed that he failed to meet his self-imposed deadline.  On March 9th, he declared that his RTS, Ultimate Strife, would have a content update within 135 days.  That turned into a full-blown sequel called Ultra Strife.  The game has been playable enough to test, but has yet to see a release.

Geldonyetich declared and rescinded that he is a bad game designer.  (He's just getting iterations out of the way.)  His 4X RPG, Project Cryoship, appears to still be in development.  However, his BYOND blog is going to be restructured to avoid non-progress reports...  That's fine if some development journals start popping up, but it could mean less puppy-kicking filler for Tech Tree.

So, Flick, how's that Mano A Mano server coming? ;)

After some feedback from The Game Crafter forums, I uploaded a revised rules PDF for the non-digital version of my mining struggle, Grim Prospects.  Please read them through and mention if anything is confusing.

I fixed those bugs in StarScurrier's infrastructure that I mentioned last week.  I'm thinking of working on some art to help me with the map interface and then starting on the game logic of the phase-based, combative space race.

Progress on my shooter stalled as I realized I was spending too much time trying to make characters with frelling background stories.  At least I made some animated projectiles.  That, and possibly offended someone.

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

Congratulations to Bytejacker on their 2-year anniversary! Check out their 20-minute celebration video. I'd link to it here but...

Game commentators and reporters are banding together to create the ESPN of digital sports through a YouTube channel. I'm wary of my new videos box being flooded if I subscribe. However, I am already subscribed to many of the people involved.

Sign the petition from the Electronic Consumers Association that will be submitted along with their amicus brief in the case of Schwarzenegger v. EMA. Protect your gamer rights!

All things considered, a relatively interesting week in development. My condolences on the ongoing chemistry.
I am well aware this is a BYOND-strategy game-specific guild, but it is blasphemy against the gods of RTS to not mention Starcraft 2's release in this post :P
Toadfish wrote:
I am well aware this is a BYOND-strategy game-specific guild, but it is blasphemy against the gods of RTS to not mention Starcraft 2's release in this post :P

This.
By accident, he included a GameStation video had some Starcraft 2 footage in it. In my book, that means the game is covered enough. ;)

One thing about Starcraft 2, nobody using a PC who had $60 to blow is going to care if I release a game or not for the next couple weeks to a month.
Geldonyetich wrote:
One thing about Starcraft 2, nobody using a PC who had $60 to blow is going to care if I release a game or not for the next couple weeks to a month.

I have a PC. I bought starcraft 2. I've finished the campaign. I care if you release a game within the next month.

D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I have a PC. I bought starcraft 2. I've finished the campaign. I care if you release a game within the next month.

I stand corrected!