ID:99499

Hello. Decided to make a blog post as I am bored.

During the past couple of weeks me and my brother have been working on an RPG game called Baron. Progress in programming is going really well. A few features we have so far is:
- MySQL Saving/Loading.
- No more BYOND keys.
- Farming System (Basically Finished).
- Different styles of training.
- Unique Interface.
- Currency system.

The game will be very much involved with the website. One example would be you buy your land to grow crops off the website. It's not real money, it's the money you make in game. You also register on the website to play the game.

Here's a screen shot of part of the game.

As you can see the turfs are still being worked on and aren't quite yet finished.

Me and my brother aren't much of pixel artists. So far the icons have been getting made by myself, which brings me to ask you all a question. Would any of you be willing to create some free icons, such as trees (Leafless, Green, and snowy), rocky cliffs (Normal and snowy), etc.. You will be credited for your work as a thanks. We aren't having any admins as we don't feel they are necessary.

We are hoping to be opening the game before september and hope you all come along to try it out. :)

Last off, anyone looking for a game to play, try out Teka's Forgotten world. It's still in early stages, but has a lot of potential.
The RPG I'm working on also does away with BYOND keys - seems that's becoming popular lately.

Good luck with your game.
That key of yours sounds familiar... :|

And thanks. :)
Yours sounds familar also... Not sure why.
Murrawhip wrote:
The RPG I'm working on also does away with BYOND keys - seems that's becoming popular lately.

Most definetely is, I've also been working on a system like that lately... finished it now though. :/

Qubic wrote:
Murrawhip wrote:

Most definetely is, I've also been working on a system like that lately... finished it now though. :/

Mysql is faster and has a lot more options. If people are using it im not surprised 'doing away with keys' is becoming more popular within the byond world ;)
The majority of my reasoning for doing away with BYOND keys is that it's much easier for a non-BYONDer to understand an email/username with password system, than instructing them to goto byond.com, register an account, etc.
Murrawhip wrote:
The majority of my reasoning for doing away with BYOND keys is that it's much easier for a non-BYONDer to understand an email/username with password system, than instructing them to goto byond.com, register an account, etc.

Late reply, but that is also my reasoning for doing so.