ID:996019

(See the best response by Oasiscircle.)
i made a mod that add zombies to space station 13
i know how to host server but i dont know how to make server working 24/7
Don't take the server down? That's about it...

You can build yourself a server that will host the game as long as you keep it up, but that costs quite a bit, especially for a 2D game.

You can also purchase a shell, but since it's a mod for space station 13 I would say dropping any kind of money down on the project is a wasted investment.
Don't take the server down? That's about it...

You can build yourself a server that will host the game as long as you keep it up, but that costs quite a bit, especially for a 2D game.

You can also purchase a shell, but since it's a mod for space station 13 I would say dropping any kind of money down on the project is a wasted investment.
Can you just tell me please how can i host server 24/7
I just told you 3 different ways you can host a 24/7 server.
In response to Antonfate
Best response
can anyone tell what to do after i buy a shell
In response to Antonfate
ATHK owns BYONDpanel, if you do buy a shell he will contact you about how everything works.
It's really easy to do, anyone can figure it out.
thank you Qasiscicle
I Spend 2 days trying to find a way to host 24\7 server and only 2 people told me how to do that thank you
In response to Antonfate
You're welcome, I do have a shell with ATHK so if you have any trouble using it and ATHK isn't online you can try asking me and I'll see what I can do to help.
Again thank you people the server will have hosting tommorow
and speacial for you trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrEzVejZDU8
Thanks Oasis! It's a long weekend over here sucking up as much sun as I can :D
You have server if you give me youre server ip I ll visit it
We currently have around 30 servers (all hosting BYOND games), the most important one being - http://www.byond.com/games/WritingANewOne/EterniaPrologue

Writing A New One is one of my best clients apart from OasisCircle of course, which is hosting - http://www.byond.com/games/Oasiscircle/Alchemist

In all honesty SS13 is terrible, it's a CPU and RAM hog and generally you'll need the 1GB plan to make it run smoothly.
will join youre servers
The server seems ridiculously steady, I might purchase some space from you. What plan does Eternia run on?
Could you take this discussion to the pager perhaps, BYONDPanel's contact mechanism on it's website, or each other's personal pages? It's just we kind of had our answer around about comment #4, or #6, and have kind of migrated onto more salesy things now.
In response to The Monster Atlas
The Monster Atlas wrote:
The server seems ridiculously steady, I might purchase some space from you. What plan does Eternia run on?

Just the 1GB plan, Eternia is programmed very efficiently if you were to host SS13 or a Fan game these would obviously affect the overall outcome of the server's performance as they are programmed really badly.

[EDIT] On a side note Eternia has a DropBox solution setup to sync save files which runs every 3 days (this obviously affects the bandwidth and the UP speed of the server when syncing but it doesn't last long)

Stephen001 wrote:
Could you take this discussion to the pager perhaps, BYONDPanel's contact mechanism on it's website, or each other's personal pages? It's just we kind of had our answer around about comment #4, or #6, and have kind of migrated onto more salesy things now.

While this is a forum and a discussion is taking place, I'd have to agree with Stephen here if you want any more information please email [email protected], I'll be happy to take any queries questions suggestions alternatively you can add me to MSN [email protected] for a more real time chat.