ID:99724

so you guys know that interview EG had with silk (here: http://www.byond.com/members/ Journalism?command=view_post&post=97798 ) where EG asked "Why were Neblim and SuperAntX banned? We've had their side and some of yours but we really never learned what did happen, it seems neither side could give an answer that could fit together?" and silk answered "I drew their names out of a hat. Also, when I was in Vegas last weekend I let Neblim's $8 ride on black and doubled my money."

i felt unsatisfied with silk's response; he simply made a joke in order to dodge the unanswered question. so i responded in the comments: "why are you afraid of giving the real answer? just curious. i mean, after all, it's an interview"

i didn't ever get a response from him there so i went "oh well" and carried on with my life. and now, over a month later, i clicked on silk's latest blog post and found this: http://img198.imageshack.us/i/loljhq.png/

it's a "warning" given to me on his blog, which is pretty funny because i've been banned from it for months. he appears to be simply using the warning system as a private conduit for insulting me (insults which make no sense, considering my comment on EG's interview made it obvious i was aware he was making a joke). i'm simply sharing this because it filled me with mirth, and i hope to spread this joy of silk's antics to others
Hes a faggot that makes silk with magic
He actually may have answered it on the original post, I know I deleted the comments on it once.
i'm still curious to know the answer, if you have any means of digging it up EG
Zaole wrote:
i'm still curious to know the answer, if you have any means of digging it up EG

I feel if I went back and asked him again it could bring some offense to him.
I found the interview's question itself to be kind of pointless. He probably just didn't take it seriously, seeing as the question itself really isn't that serious either. I don't like BYOND drama-related stuff being brought up in those interviews. Still, he could have at least answered it or said the question was stupid if he thought so. I found his "joke" of an answer to be a little jerk-like.
i see what you're doing here.
Zaole wrote:
i didn't ever get a response from him there so i went "oh well" and carried on with my life.

He said he banned them for trolling.
Heh.. typical lol
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Zaole wrote:
i didn't ever get a response from him there so i went "oh well" and carried on with my life.

oh, well gee, case solved! let's all pack up and go home
Zaole wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Zaole wrote:

oh, well gee, case solved! let's all pack up and go home

You did what Silk said you would: Ignore his responses and keep the situation going because you're not actually concerned about why these users were banned. You're just trying to get a reaction out of him.

At first you all complained about him not responding. Then once he responds you all said "This isn't about you Silk!". Then once hes interviewed you're all like "Why aren't you being srys??"

Just another day on BYOND I guess. Another day on BYOND.
Lmao.. The joke is above your head. Thats awesome :P

I sorta feel bad for Silk, even if he did do anything "bad", it seems Byond is full of "Housewives" - Making it damn impossible to get anything done without someone saying something to some person.

Im at the point where if he said "I banned these people because I was in a bad fucking mood" - Many who argued back would be a hypocrite.
You did what Silk said you would: Ignore his responses and keep the situation going because you're not actually concerned about why these users were banned. You're just trying to get a reaction out of him.

huh? i'm not ignoring his responses. what response are you talking about? if you're referring to the "i banned them because they were trolls", the point i was making in the last comment is that merely saying "they were trolls" answers nothing. what did they do? i highly doubt SAx did anything to warrant him being labeled as a troll, especially considering he wasn't even playing the game when he ended up getting banned.

At first you all complained about him not responding. Then once he responds you all said "This isn't about you Silk!".

i don't ever remember saying that, but you're free to link me to where i did

Then once hes interviewed you're all like "Why aren't you being srys??"

because he wasn't being serious. he dodged the question, and still has not provided a legitimate answer
Zaole wrote:
because he wasn't being serious. he dodged the question, and still has not provided a legitimate answer

Haha, see there's my point. He can never satisfy you. When he doesn't answer, you rage. When he does answer, its not legitimate enough. When he gets asked a question hes already answered several times before, you wonder why he cracked a joke.
When he does answer, its not legitimate enough.

...yeah. that's the issue here. SAx wasn't even playing NEStalgia and got banned. accusing him of "trolling" without any proof is too vague and unfounded to be considered an acceptable reason.

*dons an official closet psychologist top hat*

i'm not saying he "can't" ban him without reason, but rather that he has not given a serious reason, which is interesting considering it makes it readily apparent that he actually banned him out of spite and simply does not want to admit it, considering that would reveal that he truly does care what people think of him.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
At first you all complained about him not responding. Then once he responds you all said "This isn't about you Silk!". Then once hes interviewed you're all like "Why aren't you being srys??"

You are mixing up two things here. There was a customer dispute between three or so parties. Not many people, if anyone outside those parties cared about it. The incident that was the problem was the front page banning of a customer complaint. This had nothing to do with the people involved -- the moderation team would say this: "Assume no bias", so even they would say that it has nothing to do with any individual involved.

Perhaps I'm putting words into Zaole's gaping maw, but it's puzzling and even somewhat amusing for any organization or company to deal with a customer complaint in this manner. It benefits a company to have, at least, a public perception of friendliness to its paying customers. A word you never want to hear in a customer/vendor relationship is "punitive." Word gets out -- it affects the company's bottom line -- and it takes years to recover over a punitive incident.
Empirez summed it up perfectly in comment #10. But since you're still confused Zaole, perhaps this will help:

For your continued ranting and raving over this issue both in prior discussions and in this
post, you are hereby banned from NEStalgia. I don't care to see or interact with someone who is so incredibly unreasonable or who harbors such a negative attitude towards me. Letting you play NEStalgia at this point would impact my own personal enjoyment of it... and I'm not going to let that happen.

Anyone else who acts as you do will also be banned, and I will enjoy doing it. Does that help with your understanding if the situation Zaole?
I really don't get people that complain about things like being banned from a game. Even if you gave money to said game, the owner of it still has all the rights in the world to ban you unless it was said otherwise when you gave him your money. It doesn't matter who or how many are banned from a game. The owner of that game can do what he wants, whether you or I may think it's the wrong approach to take or not. While nobody here is really "complaining" about anything like that, it's obviously perceived by most of you as somehow wrong to just ban someone from your game when it's your game and you can do as you so please.
SilkWizard wrote:
Anyone else who acts as you do will also be banned, and I will enjoy doing it. Does that help with your understanding if the situation Zaole?

nope, but it made me lol, so i thank you for that. it's funny that you consider my actions to be "continual ranting and raving", considering it was a single short question which was only followed up on with a blog post because you threw an insult at me in response to said earnest question

@Fugsnarf: read the second portion of comment #14
SilkWizard wrote:
Anyone else who acts as you do will also be banned, and I will enjoy doing it.

I.e., the only people allowed in are those that suck up to SilkWizard because in his perfection he can not be criticized and the only people that would dare do it must be trolls because of this perfection. Sounds like you've made a fun game environment, with your obvious perfection there, spanky.
Page: 1 2