Zaole wrote:
@Fugsnarf: read the second portion of comment #14

He doesn't need to give any type of reason at all. Making a blog post about how you find that funny or stupid of him isn't helping anyone. Does that mean he wasn't being a jerk with those comments he made? I'd say he pretty much was.

Maybe some day Silkwizard will take the high road.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

well, that makes five
Fugsnarf wrote:
While nobody here is really "complaining" about anything like that, it's obviously perceived by most of you as somehow wrong to just ban someone from your game when it's your game and you can do as you so please.

It is quite the opposite. Perhaps you can recall better than I, but I don't think there's a single poster that believes what you just wrote -- let alone "most of you". It's a ridiculously incorrect over-generalization.
Bootyboy wrote:
It is quite the opposite. Perhaps you can recall better than I, but I don't think there's a single poster that believes what you just wrote -- let alone "most of you". It's a ridiculously incorrect over-generalization.

That came out a little wrong with "most of you". I didn't mean most of the people posting here, but more most of the people in BYOND in general, which I have definitely found to be very true.
Fugsnarf wrote:
That came out a little wrong with "most of you". I didn't mean most of the people posting here, but more most of the people in BYOND in general, which I have definitely found to be very true.

Then your initial comment has no utility. The case in question has nothing to do with this strawman "most of you" or "most of BYOND" as you've requalified -- this was not some random individual from a population with an indeterminate value assigned to a "ban quality" variable.
Bootyboy wrote:
Fugsnarf wrote:
While nobody here is really "complaining" about anything like that, it's obviously perceived by most of you as somehow wrong to just ban someone from your game when it's your game and you can do as you so please.

I get the feeling that he actually was exactly right. People don't demand explanations for why somebody did something unless it matters to them. I'm not commenting on who is "right" or "wrong" in this scenario, but it seems to be that those who continue to post about this issue do believe that Silk was in the wrong (morally speaking). Who knows, maybe for some reason many people are giving off the wrong impression to me, but that's fairly unlikely.

Note: I'm not commenting on whether the actions taken by Silk, Zaole, Santa, Fidel Castro, or anybody else IS actually right or wrong. I'm just commenting on how people's motives are coming across.
Stupot wrote:

Now you've gone and done it, welcome to BYOND drama.

Stupot wrote:
I get the feeling that he actually was exactly right. People don't demand explanations for why somebody did something unless it matters to them.

Three things for you to consider:
1) A private demand for an explanation does not equate to a personal belief that the generic power to ban is wrong.
2) The burden of proof is to those who make the assertion. Please provide proof that the "most of you" believe that it is morally wrong to ban someone.
3) Where in the OP does Zaole demand an explanation?

I'm not commenting on who is "right" or "wrong" in this scenario, but it seems to be that those who continue to post about this issue do believe that Silk was in the wrong (morally speaking).

Again, there is no one posting outside the parties involved talking about whether any individual is right or wrong in this scenario.

Who knows, maybe for some reason many people are giving off the wrong impression to me, but that's fairly unlikely.

It would be best to provide instances and a thought process where this impression might be recreated.

As a quick helper, Zaole's post isn't a good start for that.
Stephen001 wrote:
Stupot wrote:

Now you've gone and done it, welcome to BYOND drama.

Every once in a while I get drunk with boredom and make posts on people's blog. I usually end up instantly regretting it.

And BootyBoy, all I was giving was my impression of the situation. I don't have to be able to rationalize why things come across to me the way they do in order for me to state how they appear to me. I did attempt to show to a degree why things appeared the way they did, but I am not going to get into an argument of semantics with you. If you feel as though my opinion is completely biased or irrational, then write it off as such. I was merely trying to give some 3rd party, hardly involved, perspective on how the situation appears at the moment.

(And yes, I have done more than just read this particular post. I do much more byond post lurking than I care to admit to.)
Stupot wrote:
And BootyBoy, all I was giving was my impression of the situation. I don't have to be able to rationalize why things come across to me the way they do in order for me to state how they appear to me.

Of course, you have every right to write whatever you are allowed to write on Zaole's blog.

You are under no obligations to provide any proof, instances, nor reference to any claims.

I did attempt to show to a degree why things appeared the way they did, but I am not going to get into an argument of semantics with you.

You gave glib impressions -- that was the degree. But that is your right, and I'm not questioning your right to be glib.

If you feel as though my opinion is completely biased or irrational, then write it off as such.

I did not write off your opinion as such. You should reread my comment before reaching as glib a conclusion as that.

I was merely trying to give some 3rd party, hardly involved, perspective on how the situation appears at the moment.

And your perspective is decidedly unsubstantiated... in case you didn't know that already.
Nobody cares about Silk or his cock sucking army. Get on with your lives.
Magicbeast20 wrote:

u mad cause ppl play more of his games den urs???
Popisfizzy wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

umad? no games be lives.
Bootyboy wrote:
Stupot wrote:
If you feel as though my opinion is completely biased or irrational, then write it off as such.

I did not write off your opinion as such. You should reread my comment before reaching as glib a conclusion as that.

You see, this is exactly why I spoke up at all. I did not say you wrote off my opinion, rather that you should feel free too. But you did just say that I said you are writing off my opinion. And in the same breath you mention how I should reread your comment (presumably so as to not have any misunderstandings). You come across as someone who is playing both sides of that court.

Using your same rational, I could argue that you cannot prove that my impressions are glib. Since you asserted that notion that my opinion was full of glibness, the proof of burden falls on you.

But we all know that's bullshit (although probably less than you give me credit for). You know it and would try and prove it. I could sit here all day and say you haven't proven anything and we'd all be nothing but wastes of space.

To be honest, I don't even know what you are trying to prove on here besides that you could have a future in politics. But it certainly appears that there is some sort of motivating factor behind you speaking up.

Of course I have my right to say whatever is allowed to be said. Everybody is has their freedom of speech. But having the right to say something is not the same thing as being morally right in saying it.

But while I'm at it, I'm going to go ahead and throw out some more. (Then I'll go home and happily forget I was ever involved in this argument until tomorrow.)

1) A private demand for an explanation does not equate to a personal belief that the generic power to ban is wrong.

Generic power to ban is wrong? Nobody said Silk shouldn't be allowed to ban anyone from his game. But it does seem as though people feel that Silk is being morally corrupt with some of his bans. If you really don't think that most people upset with this particular don't feel that way, then you are deceiving yourself. Hell, I feel that banning people from your own game without decent reasoning is morally wrong.

3) Where in the OP does Zaole demand an explanation?

It's not like he's holding Ben's wife hostage with a list of demands, but "i felt unsatisfied with silk's response" is enough to let me know that Zaole will be unsatisfied until he gets an answer.

The entire reason I even felt the urge to post was because at the moment I am sick and tired of politicians using excuses and semantics to rationalize why they voting/supporting what they are supporting instead of focusing on what is really important. I very much got that feeling from this thread and it just rubbed me the wrong way at the moment.

Not that any part of this particular issue is actually important. Anyway, I'm gonna go shot myself in the foot for somehow getting myself involved.

Have a goodnight, fellows.
Popisfizzy wrote:
I.e., the only people allowed in are those that suck up to SilkWizard because in his perfection he can not be criticized and the only people that would dare do it must be trolls because of this perfection. Sounds like you've made a fun game environment, with your obvious perfection there, spanky.

I got a good chuckle out of that one.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

To put on my analrapist stocking for a second:

Silk is the one who is mad. It can't feel good to spend many hours making a somewhat decent game to only have 9 people play it, especially when other games (don't forget these games too) of arguably lesser quality have no problem attracting 60-150 players (that's 6 to 17 times as many players!). Anime games get most of the players and therefore most of the drama. To keep up with the anime games and to feel better about his own projects Silk manufactures his own drama.

Adding to this drama is playing into his plan. You're stroking his ego just the way he likes it.
Forum_account wrote:
Silk is the one who is mad. It can't feel good to spend many hours making a somewhat decent game to only have 9 people play it

Mad? I'm actually surprised that NEStalgia has any players at all! Once a person beats the game, there isn't anything else to do right now to hold his or her attention. Unfortunately I didn't get the "end game" content in the game before I had to go on hiatus for a few months to focus on work.

Unlike Anime games, there isn't a built-in audience for NEStalgia on BYOND. I have to go out and promote the game to bring them in... which I'll do when I'm good and ready. Thankfully there is no rush because NEStalgia doesn't have an expiration date on it.

If anything, I'm excited about NEStalgia. My small-scale BYOND promotion of the game netted me over $500 in subscriptions in the first week of release alone; just imagine what a real promotional campaign is going to bring in, both in terms of players and dollars!

Regardless, my motivation for making BYOND games isn't player counts.

Forum_account wrote:
To keep up with the anime games and to feel better about his own projects Silk manufactures his own drama.

Apparently you weren't here when this drama first erupted. I didn't even comment on the situation for 48 hours, which was about 15 blog posts and hundreds upon hundreds of comments later. I do enjoy stirring the pot and watching the chaos ensue, but I really don't have to do much to get things going these days. I've got the majority of the trolls on BYOND eating right out of my hands.
but silk, i can't eat out of your hands when i'm banned from your blog

it's more like you're walking over to my dog bowl and pouring some food in and then walking away to do something else
Page: 1 2