ID:99849

Hey guys, I am making a new Bleach game, you may or may not have heard of it; Bleach: A New Beginning.

The game is unique, and has very nice icons. There are skilled pixel artists available for you.

Ideas are brainstormed about this game constantly, and change a little too much for my liking. I think that with another programmer by my side, things could not only be finished faster, but new ideas would be easier to discuss(Including how it would be implemented), and it would be a fun experience for both of us.

There are many great features in the game, such as a nice level up system(Refer to my blog post in BYOND Anime to see a taste of what it is like.), and a very user-friendly interface(It is a full map interface, but all of the main needs of an Anime game are readily available.).

In all reality, I would say the programming is about 5-10% done. This is going to be a large game. So, with that said, volunteers have fair warning that this will not be a quick project; it will be quite large.

I have a Functional Specification document in production, but I do not have it finished and readily available at this point in time.

The game will be completely free, other than any donations made by players towards Shell Server costs.(Buying a Shell Server is planned, once the game goes into Beta testing and I have the money.) I do not have any compensation towards the volunteer programmer, due to my previously mentioned lack of money.

Currently the team consists of myself and 2 pixel artists.

To contact me, either post in this topic, or email me at:
[email protected]

I will respond faster to a post here, but I will be sure to get back to an email as fast as possible.

Refer to the hub for screen shots.(Screen shots need updated, but these should suffice for now.
I can help. my msn is [email protected]
Jayash wrote:

You joined a mouth ago what would you know about programming?
I keep thinking if I'd apply for the position, but i'm already working on two games... But I also want to be a part of a bleach game... Gah I can't decide...><
Ryuk25 wrote:

You can't even spell month, what would you know about criticism?
Ryuk25 wrote:
Jayash wrote:

Um....Maybe you should ask if they have a main key? Idk just a suggestion.
Kaimana wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
Jayash wrote:

Um....Maybe you should ask if they have a main key? Idk just a suggestion.

Im wondering about his reason for checking when he joined.
Does it really matter how long you been here? How about you add my msn and tell me what to do and see how you like it then criticize instead of just looking at joined dates.
Do you search for someone with special knowledge, like savefiles, pixel_movement, OOP, etc...? What would be tasks for your Slave?

PS: Long time not seen, i like thouse screeshots, especially the character icon!
Amsel wrote:
Do you search for someone with special knowledge, like savefiles, pixel_movement, OOP, etc...? What would be tasks for your Slave?

PS: Long time not seen, i like thouse screeshots, especially the character icon!

I do need someone who knows how to do pixel projectiles. We have irregularly shaped projectiles, and pixel projectiles...are a must.
Hmm, I'm still learning myself and have my own project, maybe i can contribute something later.