Share files, code, pictures and music, play snake and hangman with your friends and ofcourse: chat! [More]
To download this game for your Linux/Mac installation, enter this on your command line:
Only Windows users can play this game. If you have an emulator, you can join the waiting list to be informed when a new server is ready to play.
Chattie is an easy-to-use chat client and server with a light interface, while still providing extended functionality.
Changelog (last updated: August 14, 2015)
Key features and functionality:
- exporting and importing your personal settings;
- nicknames and nickname colors;
- customizable chat font and color;
- customizable window opacity/transparency;
- customizable personal window colors;
- customizable server default window colors;
- sharing custom window color presets with others;
- timestamps in chat;
- smilies in chat;
- private chat boxes with independent moderation options;
- sharing music, files, images and code;
- composing a list of allowed keys, and/or;
- password-protection for the server;
- custom message to be displayed with the password prompt;
- adding moderators;
- kicking, banning and muting;
- logging of public chatter;
- flood protection;
- client-side censoring;
- ignoring (client-side muting);
- whispering (sending private messages to other users);
- custom login/logout messages;
- a custom message of the day / greeting message;
- multi-player minigames: Hangman and Snake (experimental);
- utility for monitoring the status of other BYOND games, with notifications when games go live. (You must know the IP address and Port number of a game in order to add it to the monitoring system)
Also check out Server Tool, to minimize server downtime due to crashes and freezes.
Copyright © 2017 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.