I didn't dress up for Halloween. I haven't in years. Children didn't roam my street looking for candy. I can't remember the last time they did.
I wasted time in Bloodline Champions in order to wring some use out of the in-game costume I was offered. Then I decided that grinding for coins in a game which allows trolls to cancel matches isn't fun.
I could have enriched my mind with the wonders of the universe instead. I should have. But I feared it would eat my soul!
- The Entertainment Consumers Association is still urging US citizens to write their congressmen about S. 968. That would be the Protect IP Act of 2011 which may be interpreted to place steep penalties on acts such as linking to infringing content or creating/performing derivative works.
- The Jack Vasel Memorial Fund Auction has begun. It's a not-for-profit with the goal of distributing funds to gamers in their hour of need. Purchase a board game to help those with medical problems.
- Pay what you want for The Humble Voxatron Debut. Along with an alpha for the titular voxel-based shooter, those who pay more than the average will get Blocks That Matter and The Binding of Isaac.
- Breakdance McFunkypants offers a list of all 568 IGF games with thumbnails. I suppose that could be closer to 967, but the 300 games of The 2012 IGF Pirate Kart are included as a single entry. ;)
- Freelance artist Chris Hildenbrand has been posting a series of tutorials intended to help programmers create 2D art with free tools. For the graphical artists out there, what are you working on?
- Freelance journalist Andrew Hayward offers tips and tactics for building a better Kickstarter campaign based on conversations with game developers who succeeded.
- On the heels of PixelProspector's Big List of Screenrecording Software (Windows Edition), LPer Ortolson has offered a tutorial describing his process.
- Those more interested in recording people talking about games than playing them may enjoy Chris Franklin's self-criticism of Errant Signal, the Kickstarter campaign for PortsCenter or extreme closeups of Leigh Alexander. or Off Book: Video Games.
- BTW, can I offer congratulations to NakaTeleeli again? Can I, can I? He's now a YouTube partner. I hope he gets some money. I also hope some less known games still slip in.
- After a hiatus, The Digital Cowboys have posted their 209th and last episode. (I don't see it on their website yet, but my iTunes subscription to Digital Gonzo downloaded it automatically.) They were one of my favorite podcasts and I'll miss them.
For those in need or merely interested, here's AbleGamers' guide to Starcraft II. (Keep that site in mind when designing your games!)