So let's skip the frelling intro.
- Gen40's Galactics is currently listed in the guild so he can gather some test players. Offhand, the description seems like more of a simulation RPG, but I have yet to enter a server and there is no download available at the moment. Managing to explore every nook and cranny could be a solid goal rather than the intangible experience I'm picturing. Check it out.
- The Efencea team doesn't seem to be communicating, but Vermolius is working on the next update to their base defense game. There have been AI, cost, and ammunition improvements. A tutorial and a pause function are planned next.
- Oasiscircle is now displaying the initial brackets for his Forsight tournament. Hopefully, all of the entrants will show up for their first round. And second. And third.
- Ganing released another update to his base defense game, Seika SE. There are 15 new waves, a new medal and a new boss. Ganing is planning on working on a new mode next, but which mode is yet to be determined.
- Tsfreaks is still working on unreleased updates for his version of Cathedral.
"If your wondering why all the problems with a player simply logging out, its because my system is a tournament style system with timers and a unique match making system. Functions which handle players moving around or logging out only have to set the player to null and the primary loop knows exactly how to handle the situation."[sic]
- Adam753 made a minor update to Defender to make GMs more obvious. I hope his brother will forgive me for the Eric Cartman-inspired "recognize my authority" image that popped into my head. ;)
- Vexontator released an update which fixed a massive bug in Insurgency. Massive. It was "clearly preventing people from enjoying the game properly". Clearly.
...I have no idea what it was. Do you?
- Squeegy released the source for three of his games, including Faith and Military Tycoon. This is the first time the latter has been available for download in any form.
I'm a bit confused as to the conditions of the release. Squeegy admits that the code could be a bit messy to learn from and then states that he doesn't want others claiming his work. Can people create their own forks as long as they give credit?
- Falacy is now directing traffic towards his forum on BYOND rather than the one he kept off the site. It's currently much more empty, but fans of Desert Defenders and Gold Guardians may wish to take note.
- Polatrite is trying to entice people into nagging him about his Pokemon fangame. I recognize the strategy in the franchise. I just wince at the thought of BYOND Strategy becoming involved in the origin nonsense that surrounds games which could be thrown in BYOND Anime.
Besides, I was a Monster Rancher player and a Digimon watcher. ;)
- I remembered my strategy games instead of just releasing an update with medals for Wrangle, Warp And Weep. I started looking for sound effects to use in GrimTunnel and Gears & Peers. I found a few, but it was really bugging me that I couldn't use my microphone to get the exact samples I wanted. Fortunately, I think I fixed the problem today. Audacity works with my hardware fine. Apparently, all I needed to do was use a stereo adapter. *sigh*
Got news? I've finally been using the Netflix certificates I got for Christmas. Spoilers included.