I have skipped over releasing some of the recent updates, not really on purpose but a mix of never finding a good time as well as getting used to the new system. I'll try and make sure update news is at the beginning of rounds from next time.
I've had 3 updates since the last time I posted, here they are in the order they were released:
* Fix: Potential fix to lack of Warmonger medal achievement.
* Fix: Fixed a recently created bug where PPD (Patients Per Doctor) leaderboard option wouldn't display correctly.
* Fix: MoW att and def values would decimalise, not giving you a full figure in the space provided, fixed.
* Fix/Change: Because of yet another failed attempt at space stations, removed once again.
* Change: Changes to nukes:
- Name: Price: Reduction: Uranium: Reduction: Squares: Addition: Turns of Rads: Addition: Timer: Reduction:
- Little Boy: 250m -500m 2,000 -1,000 81 +32 50 +20 75 =
- Fat Man: 350m -650m 3,000 -2,000 121 +40 35 +15 100 =
- Fussion: 1,000m -9,000m 10,000 -15,000 225 +56 35 +15 125 -25 turns
- Trident 2: 2,500m -22,500m 25,000 -25,000 289 +64 50 +20 150 -50 turns
* Change: Nukes and other missiles/bombs blow up buildings from the middle outwards, like an explosion.
* Change: Metal Mines no longer cost 1 power.
* Change: Changed the max price for trading from 500k to 1m.
* Change: Nerfed the Heavy weapons unit so its less effective vs all infantry types.
* Change: The factory costs of Tanks and Artillery is now more variable, tanks range from 0.8 to 1.3, while all artillery is currently 0.5 (all changed from 1).
* New: A new flag design for all users.
* Fix: Some more Set-nation specific fixes, such as loading medal ranks.
* Change: There is now a total of 77 (including the 8 sub-only nations) available in the Set-Nations gametype, an increase of 19 of the previous version's 58.
* Change: The nation select screen for set-nations and default nation flags now has borders around flag options to show where one ends and the next begins.
* Change: Improved the set-nations gametype to have less refrences to actual key names (although some still to remove).
* New: Yet more flag options for East Africa.
* Fix: Fixed a minor bug in MoW where the att and def scores wouldn't always be included.
* Fix: Fixed a minor bug in which the minimum quanity of a units effectiveness would be raised by the difference between attacking units att and defending units def, when in fact it should be reducing it.
- By this, a unit of 40 att vs a unit of 20 def should have been 20% more effective, before it was running at 20% less effective.
* Change: Base cost of silos are now 2.5m instead of 5m, making the nuke medals and nuke hoarding much easier.
* Change: Combat is now more type centric than quanity/type mix.
- This means that 100,000 shreaders should no longer be able to take anymore than 30,000 of their counterparts in the enemy army instead of potentially millions.
* Change: The large nation qualifier has gone up from 10% of total land possible to 25% total land possible.
* New: Combat Modifier indicators: In the combat popup it now shows simplied modifier icons to show when att or def values have been altered for fulfilling certain conditions. Current examples are:
- red ###: Large nation, regardless of whether this is attacker or defender, their scores are hindered by their size.
- brown /^\: Mountain terrain giving x1.1 def to defender.
- orange ~#~: Arid terrain giving x1.2 def to defender.
- Blue -=-: Tundra terrain giving x1.3 def to defender.
- Blue CA2,CA3,CA4,CA5,CA6: Combined Arms. For having more than one unit supertype (infantry, armour, artillery etc) gives 10% extra each for a maximum of 60% increase.
* Fix: Fixed a bug with Iron Dukes causing problems leading to negative units.
* Change: Changed the 'Ancient Age' to 'Axial Age' for the introduction of the Bronze Age.
* Change: Changed some building icons.
* Change: The output box messages for Attacks is now generic for your two largest units, instead of base ones for era.
* Change: Increased the largest box possible with 2 click from 13x13 to 18x18.
* Change: Most Sword and Spear units up stats for new Bronze age units.
* New: Bronze Age, a prequel age for the purpose of expanding the early game out a bit.
* New Units: Spartiate and Phalanx for the new Bronze Age get the unfortunate honour of being the weakest units in the game.
* New Building: The Freezer is an upgraded Barracks building for the future age.
* New Research: Forging which starts in the Axial age allows you to get extra unit production out of your blacksmiths.
* New: Double clicking 2-click will give users the option of setting their own limit for the 2click box.
So what was in all these updates? Quite a bit actually. If you haven't played since the beginning of February, or you simply haven't noticed, the roundup is this:
Ancient Age has been split into 2 eras, Bronze and Axial. Like most Wargames updates, this is to lead onto more things later. I always hated that 500AD and before was lumbered into a single era, especially seeing as in my other Wargames related projects its split into many more.
Combat has had a wide variety of changes, better death rates, more modifiers than just terrain, actual display of modifiers at combat and dynamic display of your actual units in the output box. There have also been a few changes to how much factory space some units take to produce as well as some balancing.
Nukes were made cheaper and larger, because it became too expensive with all the nerfing of money making (probably too much, this will be going back a bit).
There have been some improvements to set nations too, but there is some more work to be done there too.
I'll be going away now for the rest of March. The current round will be up and after that there won't be another by me until early April. Bear in mind that I wont be able to accept subscriptions outside of the hub page one until I get back, and even the lifetime hub page option will be delayed for all but the game you bought from.
During that time to updating the game of course for a release when I get back. I'm hoping to make the game more interesting at early eras and to drag out the eras in games so its impossible to get to future era on day one.