Wargames has had its first update for 2009. I will try to churn at least one out every month, before I host. I intend to host sometime within the hour, I do want to do a number of things first before I do:
a) Finish this blog post
b) Update the "Battle System" page on the wiki just in case anyone actually looks at that
c) Make sure my new router actually lets people on
I was sent a new router about 6 months ago, after repeatedly saying I didn't want it and giving up when they asked me what colour I wanted it. I decided today I was going to install it, and its been fairly ok. The host machine is connected by a new cable too, so there is half a chance that this combination of new wires, hosting machine and router might stop the random - disconnect - fixed - by - plugging - the - wire - back - in problem.
The new update (which has already been uploaded) includes the following:
* Fix: Infantry icon under units would not display the 2nd religious based units, fixed.
* Fix: The Tribal Class destroyer would seemingly not be accessable till the Interwar period, when it should have stayed in the Great war period, fixed.
* Change: Quick help has been modified so that it rotates round when Quick Help is clicked rather than random.
* Change: The icon options in the title bar menu no longer has any use and therefore been removed.
* Change: The tank icon for battles for Future Era has been changed to the Shreader tank.
* Change: Changes in Attacking kill rates, in general, need more soldiers in order to inflict kills:
- Helicopter as attacker: Stronger against Cavalry than before.
- Fighters as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Tanks and Ships. Stronger against Gun's and Cavalry than before. Weaker at Droids than before.
- Bombers as attacker: Weaker against Droids than before.
- Tanks as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Fighters and Bombers.
- Anti-Tank Gunmen as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Fighters and Bombers. Weaker against Anti-Tank Gunmen than before.
- Gunmen as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Helicopters, Fighters, Bombers and Ships. Weaker against Tanks and Droids than before.
- Bowmen as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Tanks.
- Spearmen as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Tanks.
- Cavalry as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Tanks.
- Swordsmen as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Tanks.
- Ships (basic wood type) as attacker: No longer inflict kills against Tanks, Droids, Destroyers, Battleships, Fighters, Bombers, Helicopters.
* Change: Gun Cavalry unit type created. Dragoons, Lancers and Cavaliers all enter this group.
* Change: Ships reorganised into "Ship", "Destroyer" and "Battleship" types.
* Change: Non-Ships vs Ships have a harder time to better conpensate for ships huge costs.
* Change: Attack in Other tab renamed "Full Out Attack".
* Change: In the other tab, "Full out Attack" and Suggestions and Questions have been moved.
* New: Quick help extended to 5 messages (+1).
* New: New button next to Million Notes to turn them back into cash in case one needs it.
* New: New Early Middle Age unit, Snekke. A ship unit, 25 crew, 20 att, 10 def. Costs: 40,000 cash, 25 food, 250 wood.
Notably, I haven't got round to finishing the Naval battle procedure, which I wanted to get done. It will be in for next time however, along with probably Air Superiority battles. These micro battles once in will provide players with the chance to attack with specific forces to knock the enemies out, saving valuable food/oil.
For now though, you got the new death rates, a bit lower than before. Ships too, have a bit of a chance of surviving and thus aren't completely useless for their cost. Have fun kids and I'll have my week long server up soon.