There is an extra long round being hosted right now with the new version. There has been some minor improvements to religion stuff, but Space has most of the honours this time round. If you've been following my previous posts, you'll know that a major change in this round is that once you hit 0 land, you have to restart. There is also some other minor things, such as labels for some of the combat related stuff as well as a block on having the same name with different capitalisations.
Remember that during this Ramadan round, you can get reduced rate subscriptions to both WG1 annual and Lifetime one off to WG complete pack (including Wargames 2, its map and scenario editor, Chrono Wars and eventually 3 other betas) through the Wargames hub page.
For a full roundup of changes, navigate my notes below:
* Fix: Fixed a bug in the att/def display in the Ministry of War screen.
* Change: If it isn't obvious, the menu huds and the ministry screens have been switched around so the menus are on the top, instead of the right of the screen.
* Change: Removed donations box as its redundant.
* Change: Removed demolish from the other tab, as its redundant.
* Change: Changed some Space research costs in order to balance and add realism:
- Space Program itself is now 2,500 million, reduction from 10,000 million.
- Animal in space attempt is now 2,500 million, reduction from 5,000 million
- Man in space attempt is now 5,000 million, reduction from 10,000 million.
* Change: Space Program is now Interwar period, a reduction of 1 era.
* Change: Some of the host options have been split up for easier use.
* Change: Leaderboards is now upgraded from a maximum of 5 to a maximum of 10. The number shown is the square root of total players, so it will require 4 players to show top 2 (was only 3 before) and 81 players to show top 9.
* New: New stages to Space system:
- War Rocketry: Enlightenment era fuel-material starts the space element of the game, 50 million to attempt.
- Animal Rocket: An Industrial era research, costs 100 million. Based on a Frenchman who put animals on rockets and used parachutes to get them back down safely.
- Space Theory: A Great War research, precursor to Space Program. 500 million to research.
- Liquid Fuel Rocket: An inbetween for Space Program and Rocket into Space, Interwar period. 250 million to attempt.
- Space Exploration: Explore Space with a rocket. Only one rocket at a time, use Space Technology to upgrade and resend.
* New: In order to help Space Exploration, Space Tech allows you to upgrade the quality of your rockets exploring space. This research has no limit. Costs 100 million * level your researching.
* New: Minor, but bulk buy is now listed as such. Combat Tactics and Battle type as well in the attack window.
* New: Hitting 0 land forces you to restart. Before it was tactically more useful to wait for people to attack you to forget you were there/log out before rebuilding with all your resources. This forces you to restart.
* New: Its no longer possible to have same name with different cased letters for countries and alliances. Before, Italy and italy and ITALY were all possible, but caused issues such as in spying where the game only recognises one.
* New: Liquid fuel Rocket releases the A-2 Rocket, a Interwar precursor to the V-2 Rocket.
* New Units: 3rd stage units for religions:
- Zen Warrior: A 'Buddhist' warrior in the Great War era (Gun unit)
- Jewish Partisan: A Jewish 'brute' like unit with a focus on defence in the WW2 era (Auto-gun unit)
- Christian Militia: A Christian 'brute' like unit with a focus on defence in the Post WW2 era (Auto-gun unit)
- Mujahideen: A mounted Muslim unit in the Post WW2 era (Gun Cavalry unit)
* Religion Report gives you, in no particular order at this moment, the number of citizens across the world which fits into a particular group. This includes custom religions.