ID:188302
 
how do i send a complaint to BYOND, as i have been threatened by someone, and verbally abused, because i wouldnt tell a GM to unban him (this happened afew minutes ago, the server he was banned from is "Mystic Journey: LadyArwen's Server")

can someone tell to whom, or where i may send my complaint to? i also have the Pager logs of the conversation with me and i have saved it in a Notepad document

oh yeh, incase you cant tell, its about a person, i have his key name aswell
Andy1989 wrote:
how do i send a complaint to BYOND, as i have been threatened by someone, and verbally abused, because i wouldnt tell a GM to unban him (this happened afew minutes ago, the server he was banned from is "Mystic Journey: LadyArwen's Server")

can someone tell to whom, or where i may send my complaint to? i also have the Pager logs of the conversation with me and i have saved it in a Notepad document

oh yeh, incase you cant tell, its about a person, i have his key name aswell

This should be in MJ's forums or reported to gunbuddy this isnt the place to .
In response to XzDoG (#1)
ahh right, but i was abused over pager, and threanted to be banned from BYOND itself (as his friend is a Admin supposedly) so i figured they might be... interested... in that part
In response to XzDoG (#1)
This took place over pager, from what I can tell. How does that justify it as Gunbuddy's business? If I'm in Chatters and someone annoys me, I call them up and threaten to kill them, is that Xooxer's business? No.
In response to HavenMaster (#3)
basically what happened, he threw a trantum from being banned by the Host (well, Hostess) and was threatening me to get us both banned(me and the hostess) from BYOND itself(by his Admin friend), because i wouldnt "force" LadyArwen to unban him....
In response to Andy1989 (#2)
Dantom and their staff don't have time to deal with all the little quibbles between players on BYOND games.

As has been said, you need to take this up with Gunbuddy, but he isn't required to take any action either. On a side note, "logs" aren't too convincing, because for all anyone knows, you skimmed details or added things, or you could have made it up altogether. Also, there is very little chance that this person giving you trouble actually has Dantom or any of its' staff on a leash.
In response to Enigmaster2002 (#5)
yes i know that, but surely, they could check it themselves, through like, logging or something, but it is kind of BYOND stuff, as im being threatened to be banned from BYOND itself by a BYOND Admin, therefore a Admin is not doing the right thing (not saying there is a Admin doing that, he has probably just made it up, but if i am being threatened like that, verbally abused, and told that i will be banned from BYOND by his admin friend then surely that has some meaning to Dantom and staff?

with regards to your edit, i know there is very little chance... but that still leaves a chance, and whats to say he wont threaten other people and stuff like that? nothing(i am not applying there, that BYOND's Admin Team would do something like that, all i am applying is that i have been.... told/threatened that someone would... wouldnt that be more or less as bad as pretending ur a BYOND Admin Person?)

i will make a post in MJ's forum now, so i wont reply for afew minutes if anyone else replys after this
In response to HavenMaster (#3)
HavenMaster wrote:
This took place over pager, from what I can tell. How does that justify it as Gunbuddy's business? If I'm in Chatters and someone annoys me, I call them up and threaten to kill them, is that Xooxer's business? No.

If it was A UOP, yes. same here a GM Threatened him.
In response to XzDoG (#7)
XzDoG wrote:
If it was A UOP, yes. same here a GM Threatened him.

huh, that makes no sense to me :S
Just ignore whoever it is, we won't ban for reasons like that. I see leave the guy banned, people shouldn't make threats like that.
You do know you could pager ban him so he can't talk to you right
BYOND Staff will never threaten someone with banning unless that someone is deliberately and maliciously attacking the BYOND program or its server, or is actually engaging in "hacking" of other users' machines by abusing the BYOND software*. BYOND Staff will not ban someone because a BYOND Staff member was banned from a game or otherwise affected personally; we're all big boys and girls, and we can take being insulted or denied the privilege of joining a game.

Users assume all responsibility for the things they see while using BYOND, just like people browsing the internet assume responsibility for the things they see. Microsoft, for example, doesn't ban people from using Internet Explorer.

Thus, BYOND Staff were definitely misrepresented.


<small>* Exceptions are made when necessary. For example, someone who enters every game on BYOND they can find and spams them with racist propaganda until the servers stop responding is very likely to earn a full BYOND ban.</small>
In response to Andy1989 (#6)
There's a difference from being threatened by an admin and someone threatening to report you to an admin that was, as I have interpreted, not named. To be perfectly honest, I don't even think a full-blown source leak would rouse Dan, I mean, sure, he'd care, but he wouldn't jump on the forums to let anyone know he's alive, well, and coming to my birthday... (please? = P) Seeing as I haven't seen nor heard from Dan in a long, long, long time, I don't think such a minor, as someone else called it, "quibble" (wasn't there a game named that or something?) would even so much as arouse a logon to the website...

Calm down, it's the internet, it happens, shouldn't, but it happens. Just add him to your ban list on your pager, and you are golden. No reason to be out for blood, on either party's end.

Also, I HEAVILY doubt this guy knows an admin to BYOND, nonetheless can call him a friend. Even if he did, a BYOND staff member would not ban someone without a heavily documented and very thouroughly considered evaluation of what this person has actually and truthfully done. Log into the Athenaeum some time, you can meet most of them in person, they don't bite... Well, with an exception of Lexy, but she's a forum admin... and those are the worst kind... ;P

~Ter, out.
In response to Ter13 (#12)
Ter13 wrote:
Also, I HEAVILY doubt this guy knows an admin to BYOND, nonetheless can call him a friend. Even if he did, a BYOND staff member would not ban someone without a heavily documented and very thouroughly considered evaluation of what this person has actually and truthfully done.

Agreed. BYOND staff do not ban without a good reason. "A good reason" meaning deliberate/flagrant abuse of the BYOND system. Bans aren't used as threats, either, they're used to make idiots go away. =)

forum admin... and those are the worst kind... ;P

Oy! =P
In response to Crispy (#13)
Crispy wrote:
Agreed. BYOND staff do not ban without a good reason. "A good reason" meaning deliberate/flagrant abuse of the BYOND system. Bans aren't used as threats, either, they're used to make idiots go away. =)

Ter13: > forum admin... and those are the worst kind... ;P

Oy! =P

Yes, we are evil! Most likely the person who was doing the threatening in this case would earn a ban long before the person threatened does.

Since advice has been asked for, and received, this thread can close safely.