Thanks for your support of RP Unlimited and check out the full RP Unlimited hub here.
RPU Lite and the core that RP Unlimited and Eternal Saga share features basic characters, derivatives for different image versions of the same character, and for the first time ever in a RPU system sorting & auto-sorting, as well as character groups to logically group characters together!
Have a built-in logging system that allows players to select the date of previous logs to the very beginning of time itself, without clogging the server with excessive use of memory as for each player they only load one date's worth of logs at a time! Face icons show up correctly for your IC posts and Omitted posts as well. Manage each of individual dates through the logical file system that easily allows you to delete both only a day's worth of logs as well as an entire month's, without interfering with the server while it's even running.
In replace of the previous Primary Character, there's now a more dynamic Active Character that allows you to switch between different characters on your list, in order to have quick commands and button for a character you use at a particular time more than others.
With the new WhisperBox system, you can privately chat with other players without missing the posts in the OOC Window.
As per requested as well, a new Looking for RP status pings you whenever a post is made publicly to the IC Window to let you know when there's activity going on in the RP.
Note: Temporarily disabled due to a cache error.
For those asking for download the source, please note this is only issued to developers or others on the RP Unlimited team, if you want to join please talk to me. Being the source is guarded, we might request you show your coding before joining.
Please make sure your servers are up to date as they fix past bug problems and other issues.
RPU-ES (Core) v2.0
+ Looking for RP status added that makes it so any IC posts within your scope ping for your attention.
+ Active Character System: Allows for shortcuts to RPing one specific character that may be more often used than others in a given situation. The Active Character panel has a button that can be used for direct access to the characters commands, and its image set to the character's icon. The 'black box' next is a label set for displaying the character's name. The shortcut commands include what was originally the 'primary character', but the main difference being the dynamic ability to switch between active characters.
+ Log System: All components now are logged built-in. Logs are saved with a cache of the icons so that icons used in IC can be seen in the logs; the logs are also saved in the format of [year]-[month]/[year]-[month]-[day] to make simpler to load and for administrators to delete older logs. In the Logs window, you can select the appropriate year, month and day for the for logs. Only the available options will show. You can view the IC, OOC, or both logs in the case of needed context. Login messages won't show on IC so that for those reading back on the IC messages, will only need what's relevant to IC.
+ New User Guide: A separate guide from the Help Guide has been added as a means to get new players started, whereas the Help Guide will be used more as a detailed reference.
(Lloyd Ishtar, AnthonyHawkina)
+ WhisperBox System: The whisper verb now works as a separate WhisperBox instead of on OOC, making it more intuitive to whisper either people, such as Administrators discussing the approval of characters without wanting it be unnecessarily discussed over OOC.
* Complete rewrite of the entire game system and code that continues off from RP Unlimited v1.5.4B. The core system has been stripped of the world status tab (event coordinator system, weather system, clock system), NPCs/PCs, primary character, and left with one default title background. These systems will still be in the full version of RPU, but not in RPU Lite. RPU-ES (Core) v2.0 and RPU Lite v2.0 are now refined down to a little over 1 MB in resources thanks to this. This also further adds the ability of independence of plugin systems such as the world status system, tools, etc., any future features, and for potential future spin-offs of other outside developers basing upon this core system. Lastly it adds a more universal core system between RPU, RPU (Customized), RPU Lite, Eternal Saga, etc. for consistency, manageability, and importantly portability between bug fixes in the core aspect of the systems itself.
Note: RPU-ES (Core) 2.0 and any games/systems that use this are not backward compatible with RPU 1.5.4B, ES 0.6, etc. & less. If upgrading to the new Core, it's recommended you manually transfer all world info data instead of copying the saves, and have a temporary server open for players to remember and recreate their character lists. The RPU-ES (Core) development team does not take liability for any problems arising from using outdated save files.
Note 2: As of 2.0, the Help Guide has yet to be finished and does not work for the time being.
+ Shell servers can now be easier to use if a game administrator uses the approve server command, allowing the person to log on the server with hosting commands regardless of being on the host computer or not. It supports only one Byond key at a time, and once a host has logged it, no new hosts (except for the original) can be made for the duration of the server uptime to avoid abuse (use Head Admins).
Note: This is currently not valid for the public testing of the beta release.
+ Character Groups added (supports multiple open simultaneously).
+ Character Group & Character Sorting added.
+ Character Group & Character Auto-Sorting and an auto-sorting setting added to allow for disabling of it.
+ Sorting by Name and ID option added (for Groups and Characters).
+ Derivative Character System: Allows the ability to have multiple versions of the same character with different icons/pictures. This helps for organization reasons,a s well as future manageability in the case of PCs in RPU/ES (meaning not having to create multiple PCs for what's all really the same character, such as in stats and information fields).
+ Book/Guide System: All books and guides now use a universal book system that works based on a template window, which is created for a player-by-player basis when one loads the book/guide based on save files. This puts a lot less of a memory (RAM) load on the server and shares it more distributed through the clients.
+ Custom Books/Guides: Due to being able to use one universal book system, it enables the ability for head administrators to create their own books and guides for the server that players can view. This places less of a dependency on the forum in case of it corrupting, and also means the ability of using the same book save file for multiple servers instead of having to create from scratch on the forums.
+ Identify Server option which identifies the game name, game version, core version, server name, your computer information (key, name, IP, and computer address), and the server's current player/mod rankings.
+ Autosave and saving upon world shutdown now supports automatically saving all the players' saves. Backing up the world in turn backs up all of the players' saves.
+ Autosave frequency option now added to allow a head administrator change how frequent world autosaves in number of minutes.
+ Game-dependent TOS upon first startup added from Eternal Saga. With this, 'contractually', no one can be excused of not reading/confirming to rules. Declining boots you from the server for you.
+ Added a 'remove character id' command for Head Admins for whatever need it may have.
+ Added Moderator Commands to characters that allow the ability to fix several kinds of bugs/errors that may occur, especially stemming from when porting a player's save file from server to another:
Display ID is useful for the ID commands below.
Set ID initializes the ID as if it were new in case in that situation you don't want to remove the previous ID from the list (such as if there's an ID conflict with another character, you wouldn't want the other character's ID removed from the main list).
Change ID changes it as it were already used, so it attempts to remove the previous ID from the main list as well as give a new one.
Fix Owner fixes the character's owner in a situation possibly when a player leaves the server during a sorting (not likely as it does the changes to a temporary list of characters) or when creating a character, which prevents them from accessing their character as if it were their own.
Fix Char Owner for derivatives in a similar situation, except where it fails to recognize which character it's a derivative from.
+ Moderators and above now have access to some of another character's commands, specifically when changing values to allow direct when a player has inappropriate material for their character.
+ Add/Remove Forum Owner verb now added for Head Administrators.
+ World Info and all other book-based code now has a built-in page number system.
+ Added 'RP Disabled' mode when setting the RP mode, moreso for plugins in the future.
+ Added a 'Last Project Update' field in Core Credits
+ Added new options for the Player View Mode: Tabbed is now Tabbed (Classic) (always shows all groups and derivatives of the player), Tabbed (Toggle) as default which allows for toggling of groups and character derivative lists, Personal List switched to Personal List (Classic) (see Tabbed (Classic)), Personal List (Toggle) (see Tabbed (Toggle).
* The Players Online tab has been revamped for more intuitiveness and separating players easier.
* Every input verb now has a 'null' option added to it, which more directly adds a 'Cancel' button to any input option, allowing for backing out more simply, even when accidentally hitting a ban verb.
Note: Due to an unfixable bug right now that requires other players to relog to see a scaled face icon's picture correctly, this is temporarily disabled and reverted back to the 50.1 KB limit until a solution is found.
* Numerous typos across the code and verbs were fixed.
* Fixed various HTML inconsistencies (Namely closing tags) to make it more consistent and therefore more efficient in its decoding. This fixes the bug where text color in a a character's action 'trickles down' to the next post.
* Save file hierarchy has been changed for better organized: saves/administration, saves/players, backup/administration backup/players.
* Code-ban, server bans, and boots now checked first before everything else upon player startup.
* Player systems and variables rearranged (code-wise) for more efficiency sake.
* Load-up code is now faster thanks to more efficient processing.
* Completely revamped every administrator verb and proc for efficiency.
* Dead/old commented-out code removed to further reduce resource sizes.
* Completely revamped the World Info and Color Guide for manageability on the development end.
* Color selecting and list options revamped for efficiency of potentially 3 times faster and slimmer.
* Due to security concerns in the outputs, as well as consideration for sense in terms of character information, characters no longer support direct html formatting.
* All book-based systems and windows (except for the forum once again) by default now support a space-based background.
* Rearranged the 'ConvertTime()' proc for slightly more accuracy for Current OOC Time and admin logs.
* Server OOC Time and Server Running Time moved to the Players Online tab to allow it to be more universally used without the world status tab (e.g. in RPU Lite).
* Toggle Character List is now a list option instead of a switch option.
* 'Classic' Character Lists display Groups all opened, whereas 'Tabbed' and 'Personal List' don't.
* '-----Characters-----' is now a double-clickable button for sorting options.
* Players Online stat panel revamped and reorganized both for efficiency and display purposes.
* Player rankings rearranged for better sense: Host, Limited Mod/Mod/Admin/Head Admin, Developer Ranking, Player/Guest
* Players can now be under more than one developer ranking.
* Clickable mobs switched to a new 'Player Commands' button.
* World Info admin commands are compacted to one 'world info commands' verb.
* 'set npcs/pcs' switched to 'set max characters' to better help admins know what it does.