ID:121919
 
Kind of got lost in the work and Netflix world for a minute. I did finally get the chance to watch a couple Anime that are outstanding. The first one I randomly jumped in to was KenIchi: Histories Strongest Disciple. This show surprised me because it was what I always wanted to see. A melee based anime that doesn't focus on a bunch of flashy Ki techniques or beams. It was all martial arts from the start. The group, "8 Deadly Fists" were awesome as well. The best ones were Hermit & Odin. Loki was a disappointment because he talked a lot of smack, but got sidelined real quick. The highlight of the series in my opinion is simply, "Haruo Niijima (Shinpaku Alliance!)". He cracked me up almost constantly with his dubbed voice and his actions. The only thing that really bothers me about the series is that none of the masters really fought anything or anyone other than Kensei Ma & his brother.

The next show I finished up was as of recent, Death Note. Let me start by saying, L is annoying and I don't get why people use his avatars, or even like the character. Probably because he lacks posture, doesn't sleep (the black outlines of his eyes show proof), holds a phone with 2 fingers and looks stupid doing so, and overall... talks like he doesn't have any sense. I was really digging Light, but I'll be honest... Once L died, the series took a fall due to Light and L not going at it all the time. I even felt salty watching them dry each other off after the rain scene... It was definitely a gay moment between those characters which was laughable to me. The new characters Near, Mello, and such... were overall boring replicas. Plus the remaining episodes felt rushed.
I concur with your opinion on the ending of Death Note being rushed. At the beginning, everything moved at a slow pace, but it was a good thing. Everything was explained, and planned out, and it just made more sense. Near the end they just dived into all these main characters dying, and all these discoveries that completely change the show.
I liked Mello, not so much Near though. I felt they should have taken more time to explore the Near-Mello arc though - for example, I really liked Gevanni, but they hardly did anything with him.

Also, the fascination with L for me is his intelligence and unconventional methods of doing his job. Also, he stands pretty firm in his decisions that must occur in order for the case to be solved - like when he sets up the inmate to kill another with the Death Note to test the 13 day rule, and he gets incredibly angry when the other officers wish for it not to occur.

I also enjoyed Light quite a bit, as I feel he was explored very realistically.
While I agree the later part of Death Note wasn't as good as the first part, I hold a high opinion of it for actually going somewhere and showing the dystopian future created by Light. As for ripping on L's character design, well, it's an interesting interpretation of what a strange, reclusive super detective would be like.

When you say everything felt rushed at the end, I disagree to a point. I never felt the show itself seemed rushed, but the actions within definitely picked up a bit near the end. I believe this was intentional, as up until then Light had always been very meticulous with his planning. As he went on, however, not only did he become more of a monster he became more careless. He made rash decisions which lead to his eventual downfall.
Death Note ends in a flaw. Mikami could have just written Light's name down without thinking of what he looks like right before all the others and everything would have went fine. I really enjoyed L's character because of the level of intelligence he possessed and the way he did things. It was a series where I couldn't guess what would happen next.

Kenichi was a good series too. I really liked it. I really digged Apachai. lol
I thought the group in HSDK was Ragnarok >_>, haven't watched it in awhile but I remember the group being called ragnarok, maybe it was just in the beginning?
Ryuk25 wrote:
I thought the group in HSDK was Ragnarok >_>, haven't watched it in awhile but I remember the group being called ragnarok, maybe it was just in the beginning?

Shinpaku Alliance was the good guys. Ragnarok was the bad guys.
Ganing wrote:
Death Note ends in a flaw. Mikami could have just written Light's name down without thinking of what he looks like right before all the others and everything would have went fine.

Well, you say this with the assumption he would have been able to un-think Light's face. Remember that Mikami never knew Light's name prior to the encounter.

If you liked kenichi. Watch baki the grappler. It should also be right up your alley.
But if Mikami never knew his name then how would Light be able to avoid the notes of Death?

( I never watched the series )

However, my Dad always says that all TV shows/movies have to lack logic otherwise the cartoon would end too fast. What Ganing makes sense, but if it was that easy, the cartoon would be over. Similar to how the characters in Dragon Ball usually just stand around while the antagonists transform and gets stronger instead of killing them before they do. *cough* Vegeta during Cell Saga *cough*
No, if you watched the show, you'd know what Ganing said doesn't make sense. However, you are correct. If you watch the series, a quick fix for Light to create the perfect Utopia is to never interact with L from the very beginning. The show should have been over by episode 2.
CauTi0N wrote:
No, if you watched the show, you'd know what Ganing said doesn't make sense.

Actually it does. Because if you think about it, would you rather Near win and you lose or Near lose and you lose. Either way, the Death Note would have been fake and thus nobody would have died. Near would then have to assume that Light was not Kira because Mikami wrote him down. Of course, it's not Light's knowledge that the Death Note Mikami has was switched. But then again, if he didn't start going crazy near the end and would have actually thought, he would have been able to counter attack it.

CauTi0N wrote:
a quick fix for Light to create the perfect Utopia is to never interact with L from the very beginning. The show should have been over by episode 2.

This is true, after the TV broadcast L had Light's number. Every time L said he was 5% sure about something, what he was really saying was he was 95% sure of it. He was almost positive Light was the culprit the entire time.

The thing is, with the power of hindsight it's very easy to point at one little thing and say "if only X happened instead of Y." Light was egotistical, it was within his character to challenge L on live TV. Because it was within his character it's not right to say the writer was bad or lazy, it was just the natural progression of the story.

Ganing wrote:
Near would then have to assume that Light was not Kira because Mikami wrote him down.

Mikami didn't write Light's name down, he's the one who finally exposed who Kira was. At that point Near had checkmated Light.
SuperAntx wrote:
Ganing wrote:
Near would then have to assume that Light was not Kira because Mikami wrote him down.

Mikami didn't write Light's name down, he's the one who finally exposed who Kira was. At that point Near had checkmated Light.

Read my whole alternate storyline there and you will see I was talking of an alternate scenario.
Ganing wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
I thought the group in HSDK was Ragnarok >_>, haven't watched it in awhile but I remember the group being called ragnarok, maybe it was just in the beginning?

Shinpaku Alliance was the good guys. Ragnarok was the bad guys.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I read the post wrong, thought he was saying Hermit, Odin and Loki are in Shinpaku Alliance.
SuperAntx wrote:
CauTi0N wrote:
Stupid Death Note Shit

Ganing wrote:
More Stupid Death Note Shit

The fanbase for Death Note is mainly 10 year old kids, which ruins the experience of watching it.
Indeed. Now Pokemon on the other hand is a grown man's anime series. I used to pretend I was married to Misty back in the day.
Ryuk25 wrote:
The fanbase for Death Note is mainly 10 year old kids, which ruins the experience of watching it.

You can still like something without associating yourself with the fanbase. I still like Final Fantasy 7 and Invader Zim but you'll never see me discussing them with the fans.
Lol, I thought I was the only one who liked Invader Zim. I was pissed when they took it off the air, that show made me laugh so much.

Nowadays all they have is stupid shit like iCarly and Big Time Rush. T.V. is full of garbage now and it's why I barely even watch it anymore.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Nowadays all they have is stupid shit like iCarly and Big Time Rush. T.V. is full of garbage now and it's why I barely even watch it anymore.

Wut? I guess I never have heard of them shows. I stopped watching it after it all just got stupid. I miss old Catdog, the show with the beavers (Anyone remember the name?), and Doug. Invader Zim was the snipz too.
Page: 1 2