ID:183532
 
Everyone should definitely check out Insurgency, the Half Life 2 source mod. It's a full conversion mod taking place in the war with Iraq. You can download it for free, but it is around 900MB, which took me about 4 hours downloading at around 60kbs. I'll tell you, the five year wait was definitely worth it. http://insmod.net
Why the hell would I play this instead of going out and shooting people?

I absolutely hate games that insist that realism is fun.
In response to Garthor (#1)
Garthor wrote:
I absolutely hate games that insist that realism is fun.

A lot of people like games that are more real, yet not to real.
In response to Shlaklava (#2)
Shlaklava wrote:
A lot of people like games that are more real, yet not to real.

Realistic FPS is awesome. But I don't think I'd like doing it IRL.
In response to Smoko (#3)
Smoko wrote:
Shlaklava wrote:
A lot of people like games that are more real, yet not to real.

Realistic FPS is awesome. But I don't think I'd like doing it IRL.

Here is my "Imagine this" list:

Imagine an FPS where if you die in the game you die in real life.

Imagine a giraffe puking.

Imagine a midget wearing a carseat while driving a car.

Imagine yourself as a tooth in Paris Hilton's mouth (my friend thought of this).
It is really fun, I have been playing this too...

Thing is it crashes for me CONSTANTLY... that and I et lost easy... wish I had a minimap

~Kujila
In response to Shlaklava (#4)
Shlaklava wrote:

Imagine a giraffe puking.



...





~Kujila
In response to Kujila (#5)
It usually only ever freezes when I'm in the "Retrieving Server Info" status when joining a server, and that's rare. However, the servers do crash a lot. The 1.1 patch has made it really stable, however.
In response to Garthor (#1)
I don't know man, I've heard that there are no spawn points in RL. What happens if I lag out there? I'm dead!
In response to CaptFalcon33035 (#8)
Cloning vats

~Kujila
In response to Kujila (#6)
Apparently a blank stare will suffice for a reaction.
In response to Shlaklava (#4)
Shlaklava wrote:
Smoko wrote:
Shlaklava wrote:
A lot of people like games that are more real, yet not to real.

Realistic FPS is awesome. But I don't think I'd like doing it IRL.

Here is my "Imagine this" list:

Imagine an FPS where if you die in the game you die in real life.

Imagine a giraffe puking.

Imagine a midget wearing a carseat while driving a car.

Imagine yourself as a tooth in Paris Hilton's mouth (my friend thought of this).

slutty tooth?