ID:136961
 
The following is a note from our ISP. Contrary to their assurances, I personally am no longer able to access the secure site from my IE and a few other people have also had problems. I'm researching this further to find a work-around (other than upgrading IE).



We've changed our SSL setup a bit.

In response to Microsoft's broken implementation of SSLv3 in some versions of Internet Explorer, we had turned SSLv3 off entirely.

However, there are a few people out there on the internet who have (for one reason or another) changed their browser settings to ONLY use SSLv3. Because SSL connections happen before browser information is sent, there was no way to only disable SSLv3 for these specific IE versions.

To fix problems with these users, we've made the SSL configuration only turn off the specific SSLv3 ciphers that Microsoft fudged. We've also turned on the SSLSessionCache (because these versions of IE assume that you use caching).


[Edit] Dissabling SSL3 support in IE appears to have fixed my access problems.
Dan wrote:
[Edit] Dissabling SSL3 support in IE appears to have fixed my access problems.

Where does this tend to be set in the browser? I can't find it (I'm using OSX IE, but if I can get a hint...)
In response to Deadron (#1)
Deadron wrote:
Dan wrote:
[Edit] Dissabling SSL3 support in IE appears to have fixed my access problems.

Where does this tend to be set in the browser? I can't find it (I'm using OSX IE, but if I can get a hint...)

I found it in my Tools.. Internet options.. Advanced tab, near the bottom of the page.

Z
In response to Zilal (#2)
Zilal wrote:
Deadron wrote:
Dan wrote:
[Edit] Dissabling SSL3 support in IE appears to have fixed my access problems.

Where does this tend to be set in the browser? I can't find it (I'm using OSX IE, but if I can get a hint...)

I found it in my Tools.. Internet options.. Advanced tab, near the bottom of the page.

IE on Mac OS X doesn't have an Internet Options menu...and the preferences don't seem to have anything related to this.

Oh well, guess I get to restart my browser a lot!
In response to Deadron (#3)

It turned out that our web server just needed to be restarted in order for the new SSL settings to work properly. It should no longer be necessary for anyone to manually adjust their browser. Let me know if that does not appear to be the case.

--Dan