This library flattens any object's icon into a single dynamic icon at runtime. The icon can then easily be shown in a browser, output, or even a label!
The library fully supports all types of overlays: icon files, icon states, objects, object types, images, dynamic icons, and images with dynamic icons. It correctly handles inheriting the icon, icon_state, and dir from the base mob; as well as FLOAT_LAYER. It can even handle pixel_x/y values that move overlays outside of the base icon's bounds!
As a cherry on top, the library has a fully functional cache, so you don't have to worry about keeping track of a reference to the flattened version of the icon.
To use it, you just have to call one simple function:
- getFlatIcon(atom/A, dir, cache=1)
- Return value: /icon object
- atom/A - the atom you want a flattened icon of
- dir - the direction you want the atom rendered in (defaults to current direction)
- cache - determines how the cache is used (default 1)
- 0 - Cache is ignored and not written to
- 1 - Cache is checked
- 2 - Cache is not checked, but generated icon is written to it
- Version 1 (December 27th, 2011)
- Improved the handling of directions
- Changed internal variable names to make them more readable
- Version 0 (May 31th, 2011)
- Initial release