I'm going to try and participate in Iain's annual Get Something Done event. Right now, my plan is to complete EITHER of the following, but not both:
Static Lighting Generator 3
- Transfer to libpng √
- Support for southward-facing walls √
- Support for rectangular icon_sizes
- Support for perspective-skewed icon_sizes
- Upgrade to planar mapping method
- - Fixes eclipse bug, makes next two possible
- Arbitrarily shaped (convex) and sized "shadow shapes" (optional)
- Semi-transparent walls (optional)
That list is a little misleading, because I've just implemented several of those over the past couple of hours for Darke (turns out there's a bug in GDI+ 1.0 with large image dimensions, that isn't in the vista/win7-only GDI+ 1.1). Marked 'em with a √, and some of the others are partially implemented, or at least planned out.
Failing an interest in that, I'll give myself a second option just to double my chances:
- Complete ANY TWO of the unfinished demos or libraries I have laying around, complete with comments, relevant demonstration code, and hub page.
Best of luck to everyone else who is participating!