By some stroke of luck, I managed to fix that last bug and finish version 2.3 of my Static Lighting Generator. Go check it out, it's pretty cool.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to implement the really cool optional features I had hoped too, but I did get all of my required ones:
Static Lighting Generator 2.3
- Transfer to libpng √
- Support for southward-facing walls √
- Support for rectangular icon_sizes √
- Upgrade to filter-strip method √
- Support for perspective-skew √
- Semi-transparent walls (optional) ~
- Light shapes (optional) ~
(√ means done, ~ means almost done)
As much as I would love to spend one more day trying to get those last two in, I've got finals coming up and I need to get back to my real work. Anyways, the more I look at it, the less I think transparency is fully working. Also, if working on this has taught me anything, things never go as planned, and never take as long as you expect.