Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you wanted a button or macro to execute multiple commands, you used to be able to use the \n newline macro to separate them. However, at some point the Dream Maker interface editor began escaping the macro to \\n when saved, preventing this behavior.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Create a /mob/verb/Test() that outputs some text
2) Create an interface with a default output and a button
3) Set the button's command to Test\nTest
4) Run the project, press the button, and see the text is only output once
5) Open the interface in a text editor, and find the command for the button
6) See that the newline has been escaped to \\n
7) In the text editor, change the newline to \n and save
8) Rerun the project, press the button, and see the text is output twice
The newline macro in the command parameter is saved in non-escaped form
The newline macro in the command parameter is saved in escaped form
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Empty project
In other user accounts? Only account, administrator
On other computers? Yes
When does the problem NOT occur?
When you use the workaround.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
A while back it used to work. I tried version 461.1054 and the problem was still present. There don't appear to be standalone zip versions of BYOND any further back.
Un-escape the newline macro in a text editor.