Yes, yes, I know. Please try to curb your enthusiasm.
- Drawing offloaded onto DLL, resulting in average generation times of 7 seconds for a 40x40 map
- Now supports all icon sizes
- One step process, no more fussing with preparation or exporting
- Compiles all data into a single DMI
- Much shorter and cleaner code, allows for easier usage with games
- No more data corruption or resource overloading
Check it out. The next update I'm planning (not for a while, though) is to add penumbra for soft-shadows, instead of the rather jagged shadows it creates now. But first things first, I have to make an actual game that uses this system!
If you have any questions or comments, find any bugs, or what-not, feel free to post in the comments here or on my blog comments. :)