ID:48011
 
Keywords: politics
Obama has the scoop on this shocking tale of the old guy who must be really out of it:



Ha! Not only can't McCain use a computer, he can't tie his shoes, or comb his hair! Dumbass! Ha!

Just because he was severely tortured! Ha! Heh.

Oh, hmm.
Speaking of hilarious disabilities, have you been watching the paralympics? It's fantastic viewing.
Wait, that makes no sense. He can't use a computer because he's old. That has nothing to do with him being a POW. Granted, it's still underhanded and "negative".
President's don't need a computer; the only button they will ever need is the big red one.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
He can't use a computer because he's old.

As indicated in the link I referenced, he can't type on a keyboard, tie his shoes, or comb his hair because of the injuries he received from torture.

He's actually quite web-savvy (since he can use a mouse to surf the web, presumably).
Jeff8500 wrote:
President's don't need a computer; the only button they will ever need is the big red one.

You mean the one next to the salt?
More on how techy McCain can be (remember, the guy used to fly frickin' jets)...
Deadron wrote:
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
He can't use a computer because he's old.

As indicated in the link I referenced, he can't type on a keyboard, tie his shoes, or comb his hair because of the injuries he received from torture.

He's actually quite web-savvy (since he can use a mouse to surf the web, presumably).

Its not that he can't use a computer, its that he hasn't bothered to learn a skill that almost everyone in the workforce has learned by now.

Physical ability be damned, I had a substitute teacher once who was missing an arm and his remaining one was mangled, and he was expected to use a computer to get/keep his job (Sadly, most people were stifling laughter when he was typing in Roll :( )

The problem with the whole POW thing is that he uses it as an excuse for everything?
Question: Why did you offer your wife in a topless Biker Rally?

McCain: I was a PoW for 5 1/2 Years

Question: Okay, Why do you not know how many houses you own?

McCain: I only lived in one house for 5 1/2 years... the Hanoi Hilton... Because I was a PoW.

Question: Why did you leave your first wife?

McCain: PoW.

Question: Why did you break the rules of the first debate and listen to the questions ahead of time while Obama had to answer them with no lead time?

McCain: I was a PoW.

Question: Why do you mock Obama for being elitist when your family brings in much more money, and your idea of middle class income is in the millions?

McCain:(Can't remember specifically how he linked his former PoW status to this, but I remember he did)



Now add that up to the fact that his VP nominee is a Book-Burning, Big Spending Protege of Ted Stevens (Internet is made of tubes guy, championed the bridge to nowhere, and has been tried for corruption), and is a typical republican (Screwing over Education and services so we can buy 500$ hammers from Defense Contractors) makes him a horrible choice for America.
Also, Republicans opposed the ADA, so why did they select a guy who cannot do the tasks that are part of being the President?

Oh right... Hypocrites...
Techgamer wrote:

Its not that he can't use a computer, its that he hasn't bothered to learn a skill that almost everyone in the workforce has learned by now.

Um, because he can't use his arms that way??? But that hasn't actually kept him from being computer literate, as Forbes says:

In certain ways, McCain was a natural Web candidate. Chairman of the Senate Telecommunications Subcommittee and regarded as the U.S. Senate's savviest technologist, McCain is an inveterate devotee of email. His nightly ritual is to read his email together with his wife, Cindy. The injuries he incurred as a Vietnam POW make it painful for McCain to type. Instead, he dictates responses that his wife types on a laptop. "She's a whiz on the keyboard, and I'm so laborious," McCain admits.

So now you admit Obama's attack was unfair and completely inaccurate, right?
Deadron wrote:
Techgamer wrote:

Its not that he can't use a computer, its that he hasn't bothered to learn a skill that almost everyone in the workforce has learned by now.

Um, because he can't use his arms that way??? But that hasn't actually kept him from being computer literate, as Forbes says:

In certain ways, McCain was a natural Web candidate. Chairman of the Senate Telecommunications Subcommittee and regarded as the U.S. Senate's savviest technologist, McCain is an inveterate devotee of email. His nightly ritual is to read his email together with his wife, Cindy. The injuries he incurred as a Vietnam POW make it painful for McCain to type. Instead, he dictates responses that his wife types on a laptop. "She's a whiz on the keyboard, and I'm so laborious," McCain admits.

So now you admit Obama's attack was unfair and completely inaccurate, right?

So if somebody reads me the collected works of Homer, would that make me an expert of Greek literature?

The fact is is that he admitted (During the RNC primary debates) that he has not the faintest clue on how to use a computer, and he leaves that to his staff and wife.

Also, why complain about unfair and inaccurate? The McCain campaign has been slinging unfair attacks and slander all over the place

Obama is a Muslim

The Obama Osama HUMM they are brothers ad

The attacks on his experience (Head of Harvard legal review, public work as a community organizer, state senator, and a term as a senator)

Race baiting phonecalls in the South and Midwest.

Calling Obama a Socialist

Claiming Obama didn't spend time with the troops in Iraq on his visit due to political reasons (Despite the fact that he played a game of Basketball with some troops on the same day)

Calling Obama out on not going to Iraq previously when he himself had an escort of “100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gunships overhead. protecting him the entire trip.

Calling Obama Sexist for a comment based on what Palin herself said about herself.

Stating that Obama is playing the race card for stating in a speech that racism still exists in America.
Techgamer wrote:

Also, why complain about unfair and inaccurate? The McCain campaign has been slinging unfair attacks and slander all over the place

Obama is a Muslim

Please link to where the McCain campaign said this.


Calling Obama a Socialist

Or this.

Edit: Or, come to think of it, any of the items you claim, since I know these two are false, I want to see proof of the others too. Or, will you apologize for telling lies?
Obama is a Muslim

"Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) apologized to journalists on Tuesday after one of his supporters repeatedly mentioned Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)'s middle name, Hussein, while criticizing the Democratic frontrunner's foreign policy."

If you cannot grasp the connotations of his middle name, you have some cognitive dissonance.

The attacks on his experience (Head of Harvard legal review, public work as a community organizer, state senator, and a term as a senator)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_gdDWaYy8w&feature=related



Race baiting phonecalls in the South and Midwest.

No Proof aside from the fact that I have recieved a phonecall (I live in SD) asking me if I'd still support Obama if I knew he'd give Blacks a higher priortity than non-Blacks as president, and have heard about worse ones in the south (Hearsay on that, but I could believe it, thats one of the things that hurt McCain himself in 2000)

Calling Obama a Socialist

â€Å“His voting record … is more to the left than the announced socialist in the U.S. Senate, Bernie Sanders of Vermont."

(Almost no interest groups have put Obama to the left of Sanders)

Claiming Obama didn't spend time with the troops in Iraq on his visit due to political reasons (Despite the fact that he played a game of Basketball with some troops on the same day)

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/ snubbing_wounded_troops.html

Calling Obama out on not going to Iraq previously when he himself had an escort of â€Å“100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gunships overhead. protecting him the entire trip.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/01/mccain-iraq-stroll/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/03/world/middleeast/ 03mccain.html



Calling Obama Sexist for a comment based on what Palin herself said about herself.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09042008/news/nationalnews/ shes_a_pit_bull_with_lipstick_127420.htm

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/ Obama_Lipstick_on_a_pig.html



Stating that Obama is playing the race card for stating in a speech that racism still exists in America.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/03/ transcript_pf_obamas_speech_on.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/31/campaign.wrap/ index.html
Haha Techgamer, those are some awesome articles.

Palin is such a nut-job.
Techgamer wrote:
Obama is a Muslim

"Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) apologized to journalists on Tuesday after one of his supporters repeatedly mentioned Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)'s middle name, Hussein, while criticizing the Democratic frontrunner's foreign policy."

In other words, McCain didn't do this, and immediately condemned it. Classy of him.


The attacks on his experience (Head of Harvard legal review, public work as a community organizer, state senator, and a term as a senator)

In other words, Obama has very little experience for President (ever looked into his self-admitted failure as a community organizer)?

He was a senator for 143 days before he started running for President.

You could argue that experience isn't that important (with some persuasiveness -- Clinton was inexperienced in many ways, as was Lincoln, etc), but you can't argue that Obama is experienced. After all, Obama himself said he didn't know enough to run for President.


Race baiting phonecalls in the South and Midwest.

No Proof aside from the fact that I have recieved a phonecall (I live in SD) asking me if I'd still support Obama if I knew he'd give Blacks a higher priortity than non-Blacks as president

I have no idea what the phone call was, but as you say, no indication it was McCain.



Calling Obama a Socialist

"His voting record" is more to the left than the announced socialist in the U.S. Senate, Bernie Sanders of Vermont."

McCain did at least say this -- when asked if he actually thought Obama was a socialist, he said, "I don't know."

Implying that he was a socialist was out of line, though what McCain actually said was accurate -- Obama was the most liberal senator of 2007 according to National Journal, and his voting record is generally regarded as very liberal. His liberal voting record is fair game, and apparently his votes were more left-leaning than anyone else around.


Claiming Obama didn't spend time with the troops in Iraq on his visit due to political reasons (Despite the fact that he played a game of Basketball with some troops on the same day)

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/ snubbing_wounded_troops.html

As the site indicates, McCain stretched the facts, but it is more complicated than just saying McCain lied. We don't know why he canceled the event, as the site says:

We can't read minds and so are in no position to know Obama's motives



Calling Obama out on not going to Iraq previously when he himself had an escort of "100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gunships overhead. protecting him the entire trip.

I don't understand this -- so McCain had protection; why shouldn't Obama visit Iraq? Innumerable reporters, politicians, and interested parties have traveled to Iraq since the beginning of the war, including Biden on several occasions.


Calling Obama Sexist for a comment based on what Palin herself said about herself.

Don't play with words...by what you are saying, Obama called her a pig. She called herself a pit bull. Big difference.

You can argue Obama didn't intend this statement to apply to her (he said he meant she was the "lipstick"), but you can't claim what you did here.


Stating that Obama is playing the race card for stating in a speech that racism still exists in America.

Even The New Republic, serious Obama supporting magazine, agrees Obama plays the race card. There's history of the Obama team simply making up stuff to claim the race card...so this is pretty much in McCain's favor.


So I'll give you two out of eight. I guess that's something.

In any case, I respect you responding with details, even if I disagree with your take on many of them. That shows you weren't just making stuff up (just using bad sources!)