In response to Tom (#19)
Tom wrote:
It'd be nice if the "join" link were standardized but ever since we allowed almost-complete customization of the sites/guilds, the only place we've had any say has been in the menubar.

Didn't there used to be a page that listed all guilds? Something like that could be re-added, so you can browse guilds and easily join/leave/view the ones you're interested in. With options to sort by member-count, game-count, etc.

Also when screwing around with the site just now, if you make the window smaller than the google search box, instead of disappearing, it overlaps (or underlays I guess) the BYOND nav bar options.
In response to Tom (#19)
We used to put the name of the site (like "Dream Makers") there, but it often took too much space (especially for people running 800x600 or using a non-maximized browser). Maybe we can come up with a compromise, though.
What if "Site" was dynamically replaced with "This Blog" or "This Guild"?
In response to ACWraith (#21)
ACWraith wrote:
We used to put the name of the site (like "Dream Makers") there, but it often took too much space (especially for people running 800x600 or using a non-maximized browser). Maybe we can come up with a compromise, though.
What if "Site" was dynamically replaced with "This Blog" or "This Guild"?

Yeah, that'd work.
In response to Tom (#22)
Tom wrote:
What if "Site" was dynamically replaced with "This Blog" or "This Guild"?

Yeah, that'd work.

As I said back here <.<
It would definitely be more sensible for that link to say Guild instead of Site when on Guild pages.
In response to Falacy (#23)
"Guild" alone would still make the menu seem like a BYOND-wide option and it wouldn't help with blogs. "This" tries to make a distinction.
In response to Falacy (#18)
Falacy wrote:
lol if something is so complicated that it needs a tutorial, then its too complicated.

There are so many things wrong with this sentence, I can't begin to comprehend them...

--

Changing the link to "This Guild" or "This Site" is fine with me, however I still think it's superfluous, but fair enough if people are having that much trouble.
In response to Falacy (#2)
Falacy wrote:
Which is why I say keep the player reviews, and officials reviews separated; but still allow free posting by anyone.

I don't agree with this; the yea/nay system is sufficient enough to filter out poor reviews, and certainly filters them out on non-Anime games, where the community might actually care.
In response to Android Data (#26)
Android Data wrote:
I don't agree with this; the yea/nay system is sufficient enough to filter out poor reviews, and certainly filters them out on non-Anime games, where the community might actually care.

Wah? Don't guild owners filter out the reviews? I thought the yea/nays were simply for readers.
In response to Falacy (#27)
Falacy wrote:
Wah? Don't guild owners filter out the reviews? I thought the yea/nays were simply for readers.

Reviews that have more yea's than nay's will get higher on the list of reviews.

Last I checked, if a game has a couple of reviews, some of them may not even be listed on the hub. Reviews that are more popular and liked will be shown on the hub (and also near the top), whereas reviews that have been rejected by the community will be suppressed(you need to click "All Reviews" to check those out).

Even if that is not the case, the yea/nay system works well enough to allow you to discern between a good review and a bad review, even though my review scores quite well in comparison to that other review of the same game; despite my review being subject to bias, the other review is even more biased.

I guess you just need a variety of reviews to be sure that a review is good. But reviews don't matter that much: you need to go with what you think, and not what you've been told by somebody you don't even know.
In response to Android Data (#28)
Android Data wrote:
Last I checked, if a game has a couple of reviews, some of them may not even be listed on the hub. Reviews that are more popular and liked will be shown on the hub (and also near the top), whereas reviews that have been rejected by the community will be suppressed(you need to click "All Reviews" to check those out).

Wheres is the All Reviews button/link o.O All I see is a Read Reviews one, which just takes you to the bottom of the hub, and then the Reviews label there kinda lights up/underlines like a link would, but clicking it doesn't do anything.
In response to Falacy (#29)
Falacy wrote:
Wheres is the All Reviews button/link o.O All I see is a Read Reviews one, which just takes you to the bottom of the hub, and then the Reviews label there kinda lights up/underlines like a link would, but clicking it doesn't do anything.

The button only becomes available if there are reviews currently being suppressed.

See hub://Exadv1.SpaceStation13 for an example: going on the page displays the first five reviews. If you click the "See all reviews", it will show the other reviews. Only the reviews that received the best yea/nay ratings will be among the top five.
Page: 1 2