logging into games
Jan 26 2008, 2:41 pm
whenever i try to log in to a game it says "Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Beta Version 412.977)
but it never stops saying ....... it just keeps going and i cant play any games
Jan 26 2008, 3:10 pm (Edited on Jan 26 2008, 3:16 pm)
Sounds like a problem that has been brought up before. Below is a
quote from Jtgibson
That almost sounds to me like your firewall isn't allowing any connections going out.
The questions I asked Nightmareshadows a few minutes ago all apply:
* Have you tried the information from the main BYOND Help index?
"When I start BYOND, it says: "BYOND Central not accessible"
. Or, I can't connect to any games."
* Do you have a hardware firewall? (If your computer connects to the internet by a cable modem or DSL modem which goes through a router, you probably do.)
* Do you have a software firewall? Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm, BlackICE Defender, etc.
* Does this happen all the time? Does it happen only sometimes?
* Where are you trying to connect to BYOND from? In many cases, schools and employers block certain types of internet connections.
* Do you have your own separate account on the computer? If you have an account where some things you try are restricted, you might need to talk to the person who owns the computer in order to fix this.
Let us know if you need further help.
Copyright © 2013 BYOND. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service