The library is simple but can be used in more complex ways. It comes with five demos that show how to use it in different ways. The demos are:
- conditional-warp-demo - Shows how to create a warp that only works if the mob using it meets certain criteria. Also shows how to create a warp with two destinations that picks a destination based on the mob using the warp.
- one-way-demo - Shows how to create warps that only work in one direction.
- simple-demo - Shows the basic usage of the library - creating pairs of turfs that teleport the player back and forth when stepped on.
- transition-demo - Shows how to implement a simple fade in/out transition when a warp is used.
- warp-function-demo - Shows how to customize multi-tile warps by overriding the warp_function proc.
Version HistoryVersion 2 (posted 02-14-2012)
- Added support for multi-tile warp areas. By default, the library will group all adjacent turfs in the same warp area and treat them as a single entrance/exit point. If you place the same warp area on both sides of a three tile wide doorway, the library will treat each group of three turfs as a single group and will know to move objects to the other group.
- Added partition.dm which contains the warp.partition() proc. This proc is used to split the turfs in a warp into disjoint sets, which is needed for multi-tile warps.
- Updated the default behavior of destination(). If the warp has a target type defined, it finds a turf in that area. If it contains two turfs, it returns the one the object isn't on. Otherwise, it calls warp_function().
- Added the warp.warp_function() proc. By default, this proc partitions the turfs and defines the destination to be the first turf found in a different set.
- Updated the simple-demo to include a multi-tile warp and icons for the warp areas.
- Added the warp-function-demo which shows how to modify warps by overriding their warp_function proc.
- Added the transition-demo which shows how to create transitions between screens.
- Removed the advanced-demo and door-demo.
- Initial version.