ID:183590
 
Is it REALLY that hard to spell?
Garthor wrote:
Is it REALLY that hard to spell?

What's that fancy word? I see it plastered all the time in Naruto and DBZ games. It confuses me.

I wonder if "Original DBZ/Naruto" could be classified as a BYOND Paradox?
Quite an "orginal" post. Though I don't know what you're talking about...

http://games.byond.com/hub/Adax/NBotLSsharingan
http://games.byond.com/hub/AvatarProductions/ AvatarElementalDestinys
http://games.byond.com/hub/Andster/NarutoRaizenTabusho
http://games.byond.com/hub/Sinjiking/Non-RipGames
http://games.byond.com/hub/TheUnknownNinjaFromHell/ DragonballZExtremeRevisions
http://games.byond.com/hub/Ssdave/DragonballAF
http://games.byond.com/hub/Dpheonix7/DragonWarrior
http://games.byond.com/hub/Fenon/AngelsandDemons

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Most of the mispellings are in the catch line, which in my opinion should be the most amazing line in all of your hub, because it's supposed to be an attention grabber. No one, exscuse me, no one with any intelligence wants to play a game like that. However, narutards are apparently impervious to mispellings.

After all according to NBotLS, "combind" is a word.
In response to Darkdemonrad (#2)
In response to Black Wolf Production (#3)
What a waste of space, if someone really wanted to play a game that was not a rip they could search themself. I doubt anyone reads that hub at all to check if the current game they are playing is a rip or not. I do not see why people are making a bug deal over rips. They are not hurting the us in anyways, all I see is the constant blog posting and forum posting about how people hate rips. If the BYOND staff thinks that the rips are a problem then they will do something, just let the Anime fans play in peace.
Yeah, this one bugs me a lot. But misspelling "definite" bothers me more, probably because I see it more often. There is no A in definite.

Part of my short list of most annoying spelling gaffes:

  • Your/you're
  • It's/its
  • "Could of"
  • "Definately"

    What bugs me the most about those is that some otherwise pretty intelligent people make those mistakes all the time.

    Lummox JR
Orirignal

Dirigibirble

~Kujila
In response to Lummox JR (#5)
Lummox JR wrote:
Yeah, this one bugs me a lot. But misspelling "definite" bothers me more, probably because I see it more often. There is no A in definite.

Part of my short list of most annoying spelling gaffes:

  • Your/you're
  • It's/its
  • "Could of"
  • "Definately"
    What bugs me the most about those is that some otherwise pretty intelligent people make those mistakes all the time.

    Lummox JR

    Sorry :) I can get the first three right (If I say "could of" I'm doing it on purpose, not because I don't know how it should be said), but I'm forever misspelling "defenitally, err, I mean definitally. Defenitelly? Definitely? There we go! Thank goodness for FireFox's built in spell-checker!
  • In response to Lummox JR (#5)
    Lummox JR wrote:
    Part of my short list of most annoying spelling gaffes:

    I get the distinct feeling this is not a very short, short list. ;)

    • Your/you're

      I'm good with this one.

    • It's/its

      I screw this one up a lot out of lazyness. :P

    • "Could of"

      I'm pretty sure I've never done that. I'm not even real sure what that would mean.

    • "Definately"

      Well, checking back over my posts, it has been almost four years since I've messed that one up. I do remember spelling it that way though. :P It finally dawned on me that the root of that would be 'finite', which made it easier to remember.

      I'm not somebody who stresses over spelling or grammar all that much, though I will admit that they are a pretty large part of how people will think of and respond to you online.
    • In response to Flick (#8)
      Flick wrote:
      • "Could of"
        I'm pretty sure I've never done that. I'm not even real sure what that would mean.

        It's a pronunciation things that some people translate over to written language. If you say "could have" quickly, as many tend to, it sounds like "could of".
      • In response to Darkdemonrad (#2)
        all these are rips right? i know andsters game is a rip
        In response to Trane5 (#10)
        Not all of them are, no.
        In response to Lummox JR (#5)
        Lummox JR wrote:
        • "Definately"

          That's the only one on that list that has ever really given me any problems, and now not any more. Yay for FireFox spell checker, lol. I didn't even know I was spelling it wrong until I got that red dotted line >.<
        • In response to Jamesburrow (#12)
          For some reason I cannot spell original because I keep thinking there is an o at more than one point.

          Origional
          In response to Trane5 (#10)
          Trane5 wrote:
          all these are rips right? i know andsters game is a rip

          Nope, This is my game and it is an original game.

          http://games.byond.com/hub/Ssdave/DragonballAF

          I got excited when I saw it on the list :P
          In response to Ssdave (#14)
          He probably did a hub search for original.
          In response to Xx Dark Wizard xX (#15)
          which means said game was not original - it's ideas are based around DragonBall - and idea that already exists. :p
          In response to digitalmouse (#16)
          digitalmouse wrote:
          which means said game was not original - it's ideas are based around DragonBall - and idea that already exists. :p


          I beg to differ, it's theme is DB. But what if it contained a never before seen character handling system, never before seen battle system, never before seen * system? Would it still not be original?
          In response to Tiberath (#17)
          That means * is original. That does not quite mean the game is "inside-out" original. It still has the story, the theme, and the general idea.
          In response to Tiberath (#17)
          Tiberath wrote:
          digitalmouse wrote:
          which means said game was not original - it's ideas are based around DragonBall - and idea that already exists. :p


          I beg to differ, it's theme is DB. But what if it contained a never before seen character handling system, never before seen battle system, never before seen * system? Would it still not be original?

          The code would then be considered original...not the idea of DragonBall.

          Now if you took the idea of Dragon Ball directly out and replaced it with something else (I'm not saying to do this with Zeta) like something you make up, the idea will be original.