ID:190093
 
You want to know what the real reason for the war is? Read this:
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/RRiraqWar.html
And then stay home from work and say that you are ill until the war ends.

/Gazoot
'G how do you always find these huge documents :)
Haven't got time to read it all, but it sounds good. =)
In response to Crispy (#2)
I found it extremely funny and sick at the same time in the most recent bush speech, that he mentioned the oil rigs/reserves/whatever, when talking to the Iraqi people:

"Please do not harm the oil reserves" was one of the major points, given equal importance to "Don't take orders to fire nuclear/neutron weapons at the USA, or Iraq".
In response to Alathon (#3)
yeah, but I dont like how it was written.

every new paragraph is about the same subject and just pushes on and on like a broken record. different words, same topic, same meaning.

all meant to break down the mental barrier and pummel fiction into the mind of the reader.
In response to Maz (#1)
Maz wrote:
'G how do you always find these huge documents :)

I search outside the mainstream! Very simple. :)

/Gaz
Wow, he sure had alot of time on his hands. Then I saw it was an essay on iraq :P

Anyways, I think bush is masking it, but what it all boils down to is providing for the hungry, needy, oil companies.
I don't believe the war is about oil and/or the international sale of oil, myself, and that article did little to convince me.

The war is about removing an Iraqi dictator. The Catch-22 is that the United States is finding any possible reason they can think of to do it, including exaggerating issues that are not actually as critical as they are referred to.

Look at it this way: if Iraq was a threat to the United States, plans to return to Iraq would have been done a lot sooner than after the New York Stock Exchange tragedy.

It's not the so-called weapons of mass destruction that are annoying the United States, but rather the fact that a dictator is controlling one of the world's largest supplies of oil and is growing rich off of it. That acts against everything the United States stands for, and the U.S.A. would sleep far better at night knowing that it was not aiding the actions of a leader who slaughters his own people under him. It's not about the oil, but the issue is related to it; the United States isn't interested in monetary gain -- it's interested in making itself feel clean when purchasing oil from Iraq.
In response to Spuzzum (#7)
Spuzzum wrote:
I don't believe the war is about oil and/or the international sale of oil, myself, and that article did little to convince me.

The war is about removing an Iraqi dictator. The Catch-22 is that the United States is finding any possible reason they can think of to do it, including exaggerating issues that are not actually as critical as they are referred to.

Look at it this way: if Iraq was a threat to the United States, plans to return to Iraq would have been done a lot sooner than after the New York Stock Exchange tragedy.

It's not the so-called weapons of mass destruction that are annoying the United States, but rather the fact that a dictator is controlling one of the world's largest supplies of oil and is growing rich off of it. That acts against everything the United States stands for, and the U.S.A. would sleep far better at night knowing that it was not aiding the actions of a leader who slaughters his own people under him. It's not about the oil, but the issue is related to it; the United States isn't interested in monetary gain -- it's interested in making itself feel clean when purchasing oil from Iraq.

Another point of this is the fact that we really dont need the oil because we have ample supplies of Sudia Arabia(Dont know how to spell it) and other countries. But one could say America could use these oil wells, but Iraq certianly probably under use them, so what good are they to them?
In response to Mrhat99au (#8)
Mrhat99au wrote:
Another point of this is the fact that we really dont need the oil because we have ample supplies of Sudia Arabia(Dont know how to spell it) and other countries. But one could say America could use these oil wells, but Iraq certianly probably under use them, so what good are they to them?

Come on... Do you *really* think any government would say "We have enough money now"?


/Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
You want to know what the real reason for the war is? Read this:
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/RRiraqWar.html
And then stay home from work and say that you are ill until the war ends.

Interesting. I'm not an economist, so I can't say much about how much it would actually matter to America if OPEC used Euros instead of dollars as a standard. My guess is "not a whole lot", but I could be wrong. However, there are two big red flags that make me a little suspicious:

1. The bibliography appears to be a combination of news clippings and links to conspiracy-theory websites. What's notably absent? References to actual treatises on economic theory. Heck, going by that standard, I can make a compelling case that Guy Tellefsen should be the emperor of the world; it's obvious if you keep abreast of "the real story" as presented on BYONDscape.com!

2. Right up at the top of the essay is proudly displayed the name of the sponsoring organization: indymedia.org. Indymedia has something of a reputation, and while there are a lot of phrases to describe that reputation, "non-Marxist" and "Jew-friendly" aren't among them. Now that reputation may be completely undeserved, but all I'm saying is caveat emptor.
In response to Gughunter (#10)
i hate it when people say its all about the oil... thats a rediculous statement... Why didn't we get the oil last time we were there?! And why on earth, would the media be drumming on about how we are 'not' going to take their oil. Did you not realize that if we 'ended up accidentally' taking it there would be a LOT of people against the US?
In response to Jerico2day (#11)
I noticed that since last week, gas went down 6-10 cents.
In response to Jerico2day (#11)
Are you aware that the world's citizens are virtually united against the U.S. in their effort against Iraq? It's unreal...

-Dagolar
In response to Gazoot (#9)
I completely agree. Regardless of whether or not the oil is a central issue, I have no doubt in my mind that there is an underlying agenda to the U.S. plan in Iraq. There argument for invasion had way, way too much speculation to it. An argument cannot be properly built on speculation. But, hey, they're over there now. Something else is motivating the U.S. "regime" to do this. I have no idea what it is. But there is an underlying agenda...

-Dagolar
In response to Dareb (#4)
Dareb said: "all meant to break down the mental barrier and pummel fiction into the mind of the reader."

Sounds just like the propaganda machine, Dareb. [;\

-Dagolar
In response to Jerico2day (#11)
Speaking of oil, here's a site that every aspiring Web designer should study carefully. Explore and learn. Heh, heh...

http://www.globalpetroleum.com
In response to Dagolar (#13)
Hey, it's the U.S. that will get the last laugh when/if they all try to start war with us, considering they themselves would just become hypocrites... and after the conflict the main countries in the war will basically become hated. Looks like a vicious cylce is starting.


<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Gughunter (#16)
Gads. That's the second most badly designed page I've ever seen!
In response to Kusanagi (#17)
Kusanagi wrote:
Hey, it's the U.S. that will get the last laugh when/if they all try to start war with us, considering they themselves would just become hypocrites... and after the conflict the main countries in the war will basically become hated. Looks like a vicious cylce is starting.


<<>>Kusanagi<<>>

You're assuming there'd be anything left of us at the end of it.

Think about it.. The US tried to get the world united against IRAQ for no reason other than Shrubya's personal war. We've broken our own rules and for the first time in American history, we have been the agressors in an unprovoked attack on a soverign nation (all the same charges the US has made against Iraq). You were saying something about hypocrites?

Should the other countries of the world decide the US is a threat (which is a very real possibility now that Shrub has started this BS), we're in deep yogurt. Hell, all it would take is China and N. Korea, and maybe Pakistan, and there'd be more than enough nukes to turn most of this country into a smoking glowing crater.
Page: 1 2 3