ID:183662
 
Happy Memorial Day? Merry Memorial Day? We Salute Memorial Day?

Whatever be The Case. Have A Good Memorial Day.

-Genjura

P.S Don't get Too drunk. ;)
I didnt know people got drunk on memorial day.
In response to Knifo (#1)
2 l8 me laredy drukn.
In response to Knifo (#1)
Well really you shouldnt be saying your drunk..This is the day we honor all the people who have died and fought in all these horrible wars so please dont post that its disrespectiful.
In response to Kupo Winters (#3)
Kupo Winters wrote:
Well really you shouldnt be saying your drunk..This is the day we honor all the people who have died and fought in all these horrible wars so please dont post that its disrespectiful.
Grow up. The only soldiers who deserve our respect are only those who died in wars pre-vietnam. The rest of the soldiers are fighting where they shouldn't, in places the goverment dictates.

On a side note, what's wrong with getting drunk? Especially if you're reminiscing about friends/wars/people who fought during the war? Awknowledgement, even is it's drunken is better than nothing.

Ever heard of toasting to someone?

Sheesh.
In response to Kupo Winters (#3)
Haha...joking in the first place...
In response to Darkdemonrad (#4)
Darkdemonrad wrote:
Ever heard of toasting to someone?

A toast implies one glass. Not getting drunk off your ass.

Hey, that rhymes.

Sort of.
In response to Knifo (#1)
Knifo wrote:
I didnt know people got drunk on memorial day.


Wow...

This is probably the biggest drinking day other than New Years. This is when the bars are packed out to the core. On this day, the bars that usually don't ID are going to ID just because they know they are going to have a legal packed out bar this day, and they don't need the underage drinkers money today. They also have signs posted up on memorial day weekened telling people that there are more police on the street this day.
In response to Cavern (#7)
Cavern wrote:
Knifo wrote:
I didnt know people got drunk on memorial day.


Wow...

This is probably the biggest drinking day other than New Years. This is when the bars are packed out to the core. On this day, the bars that usually don't ID are going to ID just because they know they are going to have a legal packed out bar this day, and they don't need the underage drinkers money today. They also have signs posted up on memorial day weekened telling people that there are more police on the street this day.

St. Patrick's Day is the biggest drinking day, probably bigger than New Year's. Memorial Day is typically more of a barbeque holiday or travel holiday. It also unofficially marks the start of summer, so it tends to be when a lot of blockbuster movies are released.

Lummox JR
In response to Darkdemonrad (#4)
You don't deserve to be an American. All of our soldiers deserve our respect. Many of our boys didn't know that we'd be going to war so soon and many just joined to "blow [I have a big potty mouth] up." They're dieing for us. That doesn't mean that they needed to or that it was really necessary, but they did.

You can blame your government for that one, not our troops. The fact is, America really had no place in both World War I and World War II, but we had to fight to "protect democracy." In World War II, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and America declared war on Japan, not Germany. As Americans were fighting Japan, Germany just kept on provoking the government to send in troops, and soon they joined the war in Europe. Americans did not belong in these wars, but aren't you glad that they joined 'em?

Europe would be a very different place had we not joined World War II. I'm not so sure we had such a big impact in World War I, but we gave our help. Now, if we didn't go to war in Vietnam, well, I don't know much about that. However, about Iraq and Afghanistan, those terrorists could have done so much more had we not declared war so soon on them. We know that they were funding terrorist activity and therefore were terrorists themselves. Iraq, as we all know, had some great resources we could use as well. Our soldiers died to liberate those people of their oppressive leader <font size=2>and their oil.</font>

If you said that to me, you'd get a punch to the nose.

Just for the record, "You don't deserve to be an American" was not a quote implying that Americans are greater than the rest (though those who know me probably do know that I'm pretty nationalistic). It just meant that he could be a little more grateful. After all, he wasn't drafted like those folks in Vietnam.
In response to CaptFalcon33035 (#9)
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
... They're dieing for us...

no, they are dieing for governmental ideals, not to 'protect' us. come join us in reality.

...but we had to fight to "protect democracy."

pfft! thanks for getting me to snort Sprite up my nose!

...about Iraq and Afghanistan, those terrorists could have done so much more had we not declared war so soon on them.

you don't declare war on terrorism, you fight it- big difference.

We know that they were funding terrorist activity and therefore were terrorists themselves.

interesting since the 'terrorism' of 9/11 was caused by people from Eygpt and Syria (among others), and we haven't touched them. go figure.

don't believe the hype. Memorial Day is tainted by the blood of current events. Pre-Vietnam (personally pre-WW1) is about all it's good for. That, and having an excuse to get off work and have a barbecue.
In response to CaptFalcon33035 (#9)
CaptFalcon said:
All of our soldiers deserve our respect. Many of our boys didn't know that we'd be going to war so soon and many just joined to "blow [I have a big potty mouth] up."

Hey- that's not such a bad idea. Gathering all the violent morons together into one group then sending them off to die (peaceful morons are, of course, saved. Everyone loves a bit of Cobbo).
In response to CaptFalcon33035 (#9)
"You don't deserve to be an American." Apparently free speech, and the right i'm given to believe what I want is dead. You're so right, i'm so sorry my opinion on 98% of wars is that they're stupid, and anyone dumb enough to get involved in the millitary, and take others right to life is wrong.

Life, is all we have as human beings, who the hell gives ANYONE the right to decide who deserves to live and die. No one should fight, period. Secondly, all those people going to die in Iraq and Afghanistan deserve to, what makes them think they can assert their life over others? Sure, i awknowledge the fact some people were sucked into the war, but they were fully aware we could goto war at any moment. So, they're still to blame. The only people I myself give slight redemption to, are the soldiers who were drafted and didn't have the opportunity to flee.

"They're dieing for us." Don't pin these deaths on me, they're dying for Bush and our goverment, though mainly the self-serving, bull-headed, and arrogant Bush. I hate that man, though don't wish death upon him, just impeachment, and removal from office.

"However, about Iraq and Afghanistan, those terrorists could have done so much more had we not declared war so soon on them." Hah, they're killing more Americans, now then ever. Their American kill counts are 5 times higher thanks to our war efforts on them, but you're right, they totally would have done "so much more." Who says killing a soldier is any better than a civilian.

"You can blame your government for that one, not our troops. The fact is, America really had no place in both World War I and World War II, but we had to fight to "protect democracy." In World War II, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and America declared war on Japan, not Germany. As Americans were fighting Japan, Germany just kept on provoking the government to send in troops, and soon they joined the war in Europe. Americans did not belong in these wars, but aren't you glad that they joined 'em? " The only reason I threw in the World War clause was to make an attempt at redemption, so the republican bible-thumpers wouldn't. Sure, it was propaganda-ish, though I did it also in part so my post wouldn't be deleted due to, radicalism. Though, i'm sorry it led you astray in your argument.

"We know that they were funding terrorist activity and therefore were terrorists themselves. Iraq, as we all know, had some great resources we could use as well." Well I hear asia also has "... some great resources we could use as well. So how about we invade them. Justification of war for any reason, is wrong.

"Our soldiers died to liberate those people of their oppressive leader and their oil." Our soldiers also died slaughtering thousands upon thousands of iraqis, while serving the greedy american's goverment desire to gain acess to oil. Though yes, they saved some people. I'm not justifying terrorism, though by invading terrorist countries and slaughtering them due to our advanced technology, if anything that lowers our goverment and the dogs blindly following the millitary below where the terrorists stand. After all, they're just following what their religion tells them to do.

On a final note, "It just meant that he could be a little more grateful. After all, he wasn't drafted like those folks in Vietnam." Who's He?

Well, any other comments or concerns can be directed right at me, i won't stand down from what i said, apart from the propaganda i threw in to assure my post's sanctity.
In response to Lummox JR (#8)
Lummox JR wrote:
Cavern wrote:
Knifo wrote:
I didnt know people got drunk on memorial day.


Wow...

This is probably the biggest drinking day other than New Years. This is when the bars are packed out to the core. On this day, the bars that usually don't ID are going to ID just because they know they are going to have a legal packed out bar this day, and they don't need the underage drinkers money today. They also have signs posted up on memorial day weekened telling people that there are more police on the street this day.

St. Patrick's Day is the biggest drinking day, probably bigger than New Year's. Memorial Day is typically more of a barbeque holiday or travel holiday. It also unofficially marks the start of summer, so it tends to be when a lot of blockbuster movies are released.

Lummox JR

Biggest bar night at the bars my friends work at, however is the day before father's day. Go figure.
In response to Jtgibson (#6)
More than one person died.
In response to Darkdemonrad (#14)
We better close this thread before a flame war starts.

I say that in Memorial Day we should remember those that lost lives in a war...no matter how you do it.
In response to Darkdemonrad (#4)
Darkdemonrad wrote:
Grow up. The only soldiers who deserve our respect are only those who died in wars pre-vietnam. The rest of the soldiers are fighting where they shouldn't, in places the goverment dictates.

That doesn't mean they don't deserve respect.

Love the warrior, hate the war.
In response to Crispy (#16)
Crispy wrote:
Darkdemonrad wrote:
Grow up. The only soldiers who deserve our respect are only those who died in wars pre-vietnam. The rest of the soldiers are fighting where they shouldn't, in places the goverment dictates.

That doesn't mean they don't deserve respect.

Love the warrior, hate the war.
Ah yes, but the warriors willingly fuel the flame of the war.

"Imagine all the people, living all in peace.
You, you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one." ~ Lennon
In response to Darkdemonrad (#17)
Of course. They're soldiers. They do what they're ordered to do, that's their job. I may not agree with everything they do, but I still think they deserve respect. It's not their fault if the conflict they're fighting in should never have happened in the first place.
In response to Crispy (#18)
What om earth is memorial day and if its for the American troops who died in Iraq, I'll never celebrate it.
Page: 1 2