Whenever I add a picture to my game (usually made in paint and saved as a 24-bit bmp) the picture gets bugged in multiple ways:
1. Picture cannot have some turfs placed over it (usually invisible turfs that a player would click on a loading screen or things like that).
2. If you run in game on the picture it tends to follow you instead of staying where it was placed.
3. If you do manage to go high enough on the picture in disappears, and if you go to the side of it you see it multiple times overlapping itself.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Asked about it in the forums but nobody seemed to know how to fix it.
2. Opened old games I had made in the past that used to work perfectly fine but now the pictures go all crazy. (The pictures in the old games were put as dmi files but they have the same result as the bmp files)
3. Reinstalled the latest BYOND update to make sure that it was up-to-date.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
To have a big (aprox 416 x 416) picture in a game that is considered a turf
Bugged picture that disappears...
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
all of mine at least.. maby im doing something wrong?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?
When does the problem NOT occur?
in the past :)
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
i believe it was early 4.0 and under or maby just pre-4.0