Descriptive Problem Summary:When attempting to plant strawberry seeds in Harvest Moon: Trinity Ranch on plowed farm land, after pressing C, seeds are not spread in a 3x3 circle as expected, instead, nothing happens, the bag of seed still remains with the player, and this error appears in the error log:
runtime error: Cannot create objects of type null.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Host (Dream Daemon required) or join Harvest Moon: Trinity Ranch
2) Click "Start".
3) Follow the path to the left, at the first intersection, follow the path down, at the second intersection follow the path to the left.
4) Enter the building that you see. In here, face the red bag of seeds (middle bag on the south-most table) and press Z. You will have picked the seeds up and you should be carrying them. (screenshots from help-guide).
5) Follow the path back to where you started, and go just south of the starting area, where you can plant these seeds.
6) Press Z to drop the seeds on the ground and make plowed land by making sure you have the hoe equipped (tool in the upper left hand corner) and pressing C, do this to make a 3x3 square. (Screenshots from help-guide).
7) Pick up the seeds and stand in the middle of the plowed square and press c. This should create the error message.
Expected Results: The seeds should be planted (and without a run-time error), as all the other seeds do.
Actual Results: The seeds are not planted, and a run-time error occurs.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every-time.
In other games? N/A.
In other user accounts? Untested.
On other computers? Yes.
When does the problem NOT occur? The problem does not occur when hosted in the WINDOWS version of BYOND.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? 481.1089 was the version that was last running on the server.
I've also had the following error messages appear (seemingly randomly) in the error log since upgrading to 493.1116, I'm hesitant to create a bug report for each one, as I've had no luck reproducing them, let me know if I should create a bug report for each one:
BUG: Underflow in ReadCacheItem()
BUG: Unexpected hub certificate (65535)
BUG: Unknown message received (14080,queue=174)
BUG: Unknown message received (50689,queue=174)
BYOND Error: failed to certify Trisenti