Yep, that's right! All new posts by me regarding any updates on games will be on their hub page! Check there for some new updates!
This of course being a new update post, I would like to give you an idea of what is going on.
So far, when I mentioned that "Next Friday if Taoren doesn't get online, I'm going to sprite until he does". He happened to log on the day I was starting spriting (Saturday) and he decided to help out and sprite. This being good news, the bad news is that the updates will be delayed because I have no idea what is done and not done as far as this.
Now, my special surprise is half-done. I will no longer work on it during school, because the library staff has a bad sense of humor and almost screwed my code up by removing more than half of the entire DM file in which I had to reconstruct the code from where it left off. Luckily the half that was untouched was the second part to the first half, so I could use that to reconstruct it easily.
Now, for what I need to do for Storm2Byond so far:
-Add the "Special Surprise"
-Add Sasuke and Deidara Sprites
Ok, now that that is over with, I would like to revert attention onto a project I had put on hold for a while. You may have heard of it's name "Dick Gumshoe: Ace Detective" on earlier blog posts. If not, it is a game like Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, however it features his partner Dick Gumshoe, who is a detective in the precinct.
Basically, the game consists of different phases:
1. Investigation - Investigate crime scenes and evidence to gather more information or "Logic Fragments" which are in the Logic System phase.
2. Detective's Checkers - Like Logic Chess from AAI2 (or Gyakuten Kenji 2) where one person has a few pieces depending on how much they are hiding the info, and you have to ask questions and use logic to break their pieces and get them to confess what they are hiding.
3. Logic System - Connect "Logic Fragments" obtained at Investigation Phase to gather more information and evidence.
4. Testimony/Rebuttal - Listen to statements made by other characters and Press for more information or Present contradicting evidence when necessary.
5. Make Your Testimony - In a few cases, you are in court and you have to make a testimony using a list of a few statements with an option to check the Court Record for Evidence and Profiles to make statements accurate. Get it wrong, and the defense will object to that statement.
So those are the phases. Now the game is like Ace Attorney, so it is dialogue-based. Yes this means loooooong strings of text and loooooooooong-run dialogue that may last you most of the game, however that's the reason we play it, right? No, it's because of the epic "OBJECTION, PAL!" voice acted by the talented CrazedNinja on Youtube!
So far this demo is progressing fast. I have the defense attorney, prosecutor, Judge (of course being the default Judge), Gumshoe (you), the victim, the killer, how the victim died, and the first testimony you make! I also have evidence in a list that you can use throughout the case. By the way, this is only case 1, not any other case. If you would like to see the story line, please ask for it and I will gladly link you to the story in a Notepad .txt document where you can read it. Please be sure when you want the story to tell me how many cases you want so you don't get spoilers when you don't want them. There are 5 cases in total for this game, including tons of medals, and some extra bonus features you can get at the ending!