ID:409822
 
D-M-O! by Kajika
An online version of the Trading Card Game.
3520 fans · Created Oct 7 2003
The server that was hosting the game expired, unfortunately I couldn't get back in contact with the host and eventually just let it lapse.

I lost interest in D-M-O! for a number of reasons. The main being constantly having to explain why I don't just put the old version up.

At this time I am unsure what the future of D-M-O! will be, there appears to be enough Yu-Gi-Oh! games on BYOND to cover it's absence.

If I decide to continue developing games, it will probably be towards original games that can at least make a small return and not constantly be looked down upon by the greater community for being a 'fangame'.

I am sorry it has taken so long to post this, I've been avoiding a decision over the project.
Understandable ^-^
Good getting to know you Kaj, good luck in future endeavors.
Could you not turn this into a original game instead make your own cards..? make it great?
DMO is the best yugioh game on BYOND, by a long shot.
That being true it was first created in 2003 well the hub was anyway...

http://BYONDPanel.com will host for awhile if you want free of charge.

Or alternatively you can try go in the running for one of the 2 x 1 month free hosting comp - http://byondpanel.com/contest
In response to A.T.H.K (#3)
A.T.H.K wrote:
Could you not turn this into a original game instead make your own cards..? make it great?

This would be amazing.
You could even make a profit ^-^
In response to Kozuma3 (#6)
Kozuma3 wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Could you not turn this into a original game instead make your own cards..? make it great?

This would be amazing.
You could even make a profit ^-^

I have a card game I'm making with real cards
We could team up to make it a BYOND/computer game if you want
What?! Original game? I want to know!
It's weird. I was just thinking about this game and mentioned it to a friend and come to check this page (see that it's still offline) and that you only posted a message just yesterday about it.

I too had to make a hard decision to leave something behind, except my decision involved deep-seated feelings, and much regret that I even had to come to that decision in the first place. There is a time and a place for everything, and what I've learned is that all good things must, eventually, come to an end.

Thank you for the happy days. You and the game you developed are in my heart forever. Thank you for being there for me once upon a time, good luck with what your future brings and goodbye.
In this obituary for D-M-O! then, I would like to thank you, Kajika, for your amazing work on this game. This is the game that brought me into this community, online gaming in general, and into programming. I could never thank you enough to satisfy myself.
In response to Hiro the Dragon King (#10)
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
In this obituary for D-M-O! then, I would like to thank you, Kajika, for your amazing work on this game. This is the game that brought me into this community, online gaming in general, and into programming. I could never thank you enough to satisfy myself.

Same here.
AT

PLEASE tell us!
gotta admit that this was a fun game... used to play it alot back in 2006ish (before seal of Orichalcos was added)

anyway Good job mate
PLZ PUT IT ONLINE PLZ
In response to Russian-serii (#14)
Russian-serii wrote:
PLZ PUT IT ONLINE PLZ

Russian, Bot-stop crying. If none of you do not have to write anything smart, you can stop writing. No one here is not interested in that you do not have their own lives.
kajika u were nd always will be the best yugioh game creator but i have to disagree with other yugioh games good enough to cover the absenceof DMO. DMO was by very far better than any other yugioh game on byond. the icons, no synchros,keepin it like the good old days of yugioh dueling, was all brilliantly done by you. many poeple including myself loved playing DMO and will always love playin it plz kajika brng back DMO not just for byond but for all ur loving fans that just can't wait for it to come back :DDDDDDDDD
In response to Yusei195 (#17)
Yusei195 wrote:
kajika u were nd always will be the best yugioh game creator but i have to disagree with other yugioh games good enough to cover the absenceof DMO. DMO was by very far better than any other yugioh game on byond. the icons, no synchros,keepin it like the good old days of yugioh dueling, was all brilliantly done by you. many poeple including myself loved playing DMO and will always love playin it plz kajika brng back DMO not just for byond but for all ur loving fans that just can't wait for it to come back :DDDDDDDDD


+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Kajika,
If this really is the end. I thank you. I can't even begin to count the massive hours I spent on your game. (New and old version.) I can also understand your frustration of being lumped into the "fangame" community; particularly when the game is built with quality far BYOND (pun intended) what most of the developers are able to do. I still reminisce of the times when DMO was #1 on BYOND and had 4 hosts FULL to the brim, with people waiting to come on. Although, even then I don't feel it was as respected as it should have been...

Honestly, I don't know how feasible it would be, but maybe leave the game up in it's current state if possible. Just from a sentimental standpoint, it's nice to know that we'd be able to meet up and say hi to each other from time to time. Personally, I've made friends on this game that I play with on other games as well. And, for that I also thank you. I also look forward to seeing what else you do, and support you in it if need be. On a side note.. Maybe going back to DDMO? There really isn't another one on BYOND; unfortunately, it's still a "fangame", but it's something that hasn't really been touched on.

In short, and I speak for ALL of us "oldbies"...
THANK YOU Kajika! We will always remember DMO a.k.a. "our childhood" whether it continues or not.
Page: 1 2 3 4