HALO 3 - This time, it's even more generic.
If a single game, based on a crappy game series can derail a entire launch of a game system, which millions of people are looking forward to, that wasn't much of a system to begin with.

Halo has always been one of the worst games I have ever played. Talking as a computer user, who has played mostly FPS games on my PC since I got one, I have played games from the late 80s, that arent even true FPS games that are better then HALO.

The only reason why HALO was so popular at the time, was because the Xbox was so terrible and its launch of games were too. So then along comes a medicore shooting game, and it makes the Xbox and HALO look like soild gold.

HALO 3 isn't going to hurt the Sony PS3 sales one bit.
In response to Vortezz (#30)
Vortezz wrote
"> Actually making a profit is what counts

Damn. I guess pretty much everybody at BYOND is wrong then.

Move out everybody! It turns out people only make games for money."

Well...if you make a good profit on a game....doesnt that mean that the gaming community liked it? Otherwise why so many sales? So in the bigger gaming communities than BYOND making money means that you made a good game.

Lector
Halo 3? Talk about beating a dead horse.

Poor horse.
In response to Shades (#41)
Understand, I don't play games cuz this system didn't have good games until now or if it's the fad, I play em cuz they are good games. Like I care if my friends have it? Or if the console had bad games before.
In response to Lector (#42)
What about people who buy games off of hype? I've done that a few times. I'll play it, get bored, never touch it again and wish I had bought something else. Those are the sales, and after playing Halo 2, I don't plan on getting Halo 3.

Also, I liked Half-life 2's story, besides the fact that they stuck in zombies everywhere they could (Zombies = Teh Roxors CheAt T1me). I also liked the cliff hanger at the end ;)
In response to DarkCampainger (#45)
DarkCampainger wrote:
I also liked the cliff hanger at the end ;)

No better way to get you to buy the expansion back. =P
In response to Popisfizzy (#46)
Pshh Metal Gear Solid Series > Halo series. All the way. Besides online in Halo 2 is getting really boring. all my brother talks about is getting is overall level up. On and on. I swear, -Energizer Bunny-. But yeah. Micrsoft is gonna hurt bad for releasing a bugged console.
In response to Shades (#41)
Halo on xbox, not so great, but how can you say that about PC. Most people hate the lag that makes you have to lead your shots, but that adds a huge level of skill into the game. Not just anyone can pick up a pistol and kill. Hale is not a bad FPS. Halo is a perfectly fine FPS. Yes, there are plenty of better games, but halo is still a great game to sit down and have some fun with your friends. Isn't that what gaming is supposed to be about, fun?
I think Halo 2 was a good move for online xbox play, but it became way too generic. There is a lack of...difference in it. Story wise, I loved Halo 2. I can't wait to see how it's going to end.

Maybe Halo 3 will put something amazing in it. I won't get my hopes up though.
In response to Soccerguy13 (#49)
Halo 3 might be ok.Maybe we can force the creators to play Zelda or Something you have to figure out puzzles and use your brain in.Then they might make halo 3 actualy have mazes. Devil may cry scares me >.>..One minute im thinking its one of those games where you go randomly around a big field killing zombies. then the next moment, im in a big castle trying to find a secret gem -.-
In response to King Gunnerblast (#4)
sorry but i have to say halo kicks arse

story line is there

action is there

multiplayer varitary is there

graphics are THERE

and if its anything like the second one.....i wont move for a while cuz i will be stuck to the screen


dont get me wrong metal slug is goooood but halo 3 is gooooood too

Xx
In response to E-ray (#51)
E-ray wrote:
sorry but i have to say halo kicks arse

story line is there
Generic.
action is there
Generic.
multiplayer varitary is there
Variety? Explain.
graphics are THERE
I'll give you this one.

Seriously though, Halo is like playing a game I've already played 1000 times before.
In response to Hell Ramen (#52)
Generic.
whats that mean ? sorry not to good with english
Variety? Explain.
Variety as in online is a new game everytime.



Seriously though, Halo is like playing a game I've already played 1000 times before.

ok story mode once uve done it once it aint all that, but have u played it online ? cause it is like a new game everytime.



soo when does halo3 come out ?
In response to Shades (#41)
Wow. You are completely underestimating EVERYTHING. Have you not been paying attention to the xbox 360 launch? Next gen anything is HUGE now days. Halo 3 is going to be one of the biggest game launchs in history (if not the biggest).

It brings people together where true gamers all around the world camp outside, talk to eachother and wait to receive their copy. This is like a ritual now in the USA.

It's not even necessarily the game anymore, it's just the #1 universally played console FPS out there. You play halo? HELL YA I PLAY HALO (even if I don't like it). It's a social magnet. The only thing I can get anyone to do around here in Olympia is get together to play halo, or go get drunk. Even girls play it (a lot of them do it for appeal, though).

Not only is halo the most balanced, and well done FPS on any console ever made... It also made the xbox what it is. If it made the xbox, then don't you think it could hurt the ps3 just a little? If people were willing to buy a system just for A GAME?

Sure it doesn't hold up to a lot of pc titles like half-life 2... that's probably why they didn't put halo 2 on computer... but it was made for low budget families who can only afford a console (instead of upgrading a pc all the time). Which is like 70% of the gamers market anyway.

In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja (#28)
my god man you know nothing.

Half-life 2 just has the most revolutionary engine ever created, which a lot of games out now have followed. The physics engine in it is amazing, and simply put the guns in it were awesome as well.

The story was sweet, but it's hard to make a game with an engine like half-life 2's after you just spent 5 years making it. I mean, half-life 2 was more to show off the engine. They're going to be releasing more games to come, based off of it including expansions to half-life 2 and visual upgrades to accompany the sweet physics engine.
In response to Jon Snow (#54)
That's funny, because I can build a computer for about 300~400 (without a monitor) that would run most games decently. I think it's funny that Super Mario Brothers is the best sold video game of all time(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.) and many other sources seem to agree.(Well in north america, tetris is the most sold overall.)
In response to Jon Snow (#54)
Jon Snow wrote:
Wow. You are completely underestimating EVERYTHING. Have you not been paying attention to the xbox 360 launch? Next gen anything is HUGE now days. Halo 3 is going to be one of the biggest game launchs in history (if not the biggest).

It is like that with every single next gen release. Don't you think it would be the same way if the Sony PS3 was the first one to be released? What do you think would have happened if all 3 next gen systems were released at the same time? Xbox 360 wouldn't be looking so big then. One game is not going to make a system into soild gold.

It brings people together where true gamers all around the world camp outside, talk to each other and wait to receive their copy. This is like a ritual now in the USA.

Only the idiots, I have never waited in line to order or buy a game, Ive always just done a pre-order online and Ive gotten my game the same day of release with out all of the BS. Greed is a ritual. Pepople all around the world and the USA also wait outside hours of a time for MP3 players and DVD players half off and even hurt each other for them.

It's not even necessarily the game anymore, it's just the #1 universally played console FPS out there. You play halo? HELL YA I PLAY HALO (even if I don't like it). It's a social magnet. The only thing I can get anyone to do around here in Olympia is get together to play halo, or go get drunk. Even girls play it (a lot of them do it for appeal, though).

Its not a soical magnet, its a Xbox fan magnet, since Xbox was one of the few good games for that system. If youve owned all 3 systems for awhile, its more like a crap magnet. I don't even PAY for my Xbox games and I disliked Halo 1 and 2 so much I deleted it off my HD. You are just pulling stuff out of your arse. The only thing to do? You sound like half the other looser teenagers in my own town, theres lots to do, you just want excuses.

Not only is halo the most balanced, and well done FPS on any console ever made... It also made the xbox what it is. If it made the xbox, then don't you think it could hurt the ps3 just a little? If people were willing to buy a system just for A GAME?

Halo 3 isn't out yet idiot, people are only buying the Xbox 360 because its the only option right now, and people like to go with the hype. I think hype is what made the Xbox what it is. Wait, what is it? Crap? I don't think any of the Xbox. Guess what, there just as big of a fan database for the Sony Playstation and New Nintendo as there is for the Xbox, if not MORE.

Balance? Yeah, if you do it just right you can shoot a hand gun from one end of the map, and hit someone all the way on the other end of the map, thats realllly balanced and well done. Ive played much better FPS from the early 1990s.


Sure it doesn't hold up to a lot of pc titles like half-life 2... that's probably why they didn't put halo 2 on computer... but it was made for low budget families who can only afford a console (instead of upgrading a pc all the time). Which is like 70% of the gamers market anyway.

No your wrong again, you can get computers way under $300 now a days that can play these games. I paid $250.00 for my PC and it plays everything under the sun just fine. Including Doom 3 and HL2. They didn't put Halo 2 on PC cause it sucks.

And with the way prices are starting to go up, it makes me wonder if it wont be cheaper just buying a PC and playing PC titles then it would to buy a home console. And don't pull facts out of your arse, I bet the gamer market between PC and console is pretty balanced. There are some games I would only play on the PC because I perfer the controls over a nasty old controller.
In response to Shades (#57)
Shades wrote:
Jon Snow wrote:
Wow. You are completely underestimating EVERYTHING. Have you not been paying attention to the xbox 360 launch? Next gen anything is HUGE now days. Halo 3 is going to be one of the biggest game launchs in history (if not the biggest).

It is like that with every single next gen release. Don't you think it would be the same way if the Sony PS3 was the first one to be released? What do you think would have happened if all 3 next gen systems were released at the same time? Xbox 360 wouldn't be looking so big then. One game is not going to make a system into soild gold.

Really, then tell me another reason why the xbox (normal xbox) was so big, tell me that halo didn't make it solid gold to a lot of people. You're right it wouldn't be looking so big if they were launched at the same time, but neither would the ps3 or the nintendo revolution. It'd just be plain stupidity to launch all systems at the same time. What you're not understanding and underestimating is that gaming is coming closer to the movie industry in terms of popularity. Soon enough you will see gaming places start to pop up with just xbox 360's and ps3's where you pay hourly to play (or the next generation after that).
It brings people together where true gamers all around the world camp outside, talk to each other and wait to receive their copy. This is like a ritual now in the USA.

Only the idiots, I have never waited in line to order or buy a game, Ive always just done a pre-order online and Ive gotten my game the same day of release with out all of the BS. Greed is a ritual. Pepople all around the world and the USA also wait outside hours of a time for MP3 players and DVD players half off and even hurt each other for them.

Only the idiots. Yes, it is stupid to wait in line for the xbox 360, a system that sells for nearly a grand on e-bay and is the equivelent of working part time for an entire month just at the cost of staying outside for one night. You're a genius. That's why a lot of people go outside, is to get the item and sell it on e-bay due to high demand.

Greed? Violence? I'm not going to sit here and argue philosophy or psychology with you (as you seem far too uptight to ever have a meaningful conversation).

Games are also different than systems. Systems have to be tested vigorously and they have to make sure they work. Games are made with a cost less than a penny and manufactered in big plants where no one bothers to really test the cd and they produce plenty. Most of the supply/demand problems come from the sellers asking themselves, "Do I want to buy 100 or 300 copies of this game? If it flops and the price goes down, I lose a lot of money because I only make $4 per new game sold." So they only buy what they think they will need.
It's not even necessarily the game anymore, it's just the #1 universally played console FPS out there. You play halo? HELL YA I PLAY HALO (even if I don't like it). It's a social magnet. The only thing I can get anyone to do around here in Olympia is get together to play halo, or go get drunk. Even girls play it (a lot of them do it for appeal, though).

Its not a soical magnet, its a Xbox fan magnet, since Xbox was one of the few good games for that system. If youve owned all 3 systems for awhile, its more like a crap magnet. I don't even PAY for my Xbox games and I disliked Halo 1 and 2 so much I deleted it off my HD. You are just pulling stuff out of your arse. The only thing to do? You sound like half the other looser teenagers in my own town, theres lots to do, you just want excuses.

Insaults ouch, I think I'll pay heed to this paragraph especially.

It's not a social magnet? Tell me how many games there are for the ps2 that are multiplayer. Then tell me if halo's not one of the most universally played games, and is it multiplayer? I'll agree the Gamecube has plenty of multiplayer games and I love them honestly just as equally.

No we're not a bunch of teens. I work at a video game store and so consequentially I have a lot of gamer friends because of it. There are other games we play, but halo's the one that everyone always seems to want to play. I'd prefer not to play it, since i'm sick of it at this point but eh I do what brings people together.

If there's so much to do, then why don't you tell me what there is to do? I'd like suggestions. Maybe there is something I haven't thought of to do yet.

I wish I could just pull things out of my arse, I'd pull a butt load of money out. Then I could be known as money butt!

Not only is halo the most balanced, and well done FPS on any console ever made... It also made the xbox what it is. If it made the xbox, then don't you think it could hurt the ps3 just a little? If people were willing to buy a system just for A GAME?

Halo 3 isn't out yet idiot, people are only buying the Xbox 360 because its the only option right now, and people like to go with the hype. I think hype is what made the Xbox what it is. Wait, what is it? Crap? I don't think any of the Xbox. Guess what, there just as big of a fan database for the Sony Playstation and New Nintendo as there is for the Xbox, if not MORE.

Balance? Yeah, if you do it just right you can shoot a hand gun from one end of the map, and hit someone all the way on the other end of the map, thats realllly balanced and well done. Ive played much better FPS from the early 1990s.

It's a futuristic game and the lead character is a genetically engineered soldier. The pistol also has a sniper scope on it in the first game, which would suggest that it was ment to be shot long distances? Just maybe? I don't know it's just a hunch.

I'm not going to sit here and argue game design you have no idea what you're even talking about. Halo is a brilliantly designed game. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have succeeded so well just think about it. Maybe now it's not as impressive because other titles have come out. For it's time, it was the best console FPS ever made and may even still be. I can name a lot of fps's that can hold their own as well, but I'd never put any one of them ahead of Halo.

I could name quite a few games that are worth getting an xbox for (if borrow one). Just ask I'll name them.
Sure it doesn't hold up to a lot of pc titles like half-life 2... that's probably why they didn't put halo 2 on computer... but it was made for low budget families who can only afford a console (instead of upgrading a pc all the time). Which is like 70% of the gamers market anyway.

No your wrong again, you can get computers way under $300 now a days that can play these games. I paid $250.00 for my PC and it plays everything under the sun just fine. Including Doom 3 and HL2. They didn't put Halo 2 on PC cause it sucks.

And with the way prices are starting to go up, it makes me wonder if it wont be cheaper just buying a PC and playing PC titles then it would to buy a home console. And don't pull facts out of your arse, I bet the gamer market between PC and console is pretty balanced. There are some games I would only play on the PC because I perfer the controls over a nasty old controller.

Computers change, constantly. There's plenty of games out now for instance that require pixel shading. I bought my computer 2 years ago spent probably the same amount as the xbox 360 on it and it's pretty much absolete now and doesn't have pixel shading. I can barely play most of the new games and it's always on lowest settings. The average parent doesn't really probably even know how to upgrade their computer. In order to upgrade your computer adequately you have to do research, and how many people you know are willing to do that. The consoles offer a stable system, it's never going to lag everyone plays on the same playing field, no one has an advantage. The consoles are designed for games so there is a lot more games for consoles coming out every month than for pc. They still make them for pc but they can't charge 60 dollars for a pc title because it doesn't have the demand or the market for it. If they could get away with it, they would probably increase the cost because then it'd just be more money made.

PC does have the monopoly on strategy games and MMORPG's.
Not to mention freelance designer games.
I agree I prefer the computers control scheme. I grew up on it, so people who grew up on consoles might feel differently when trying a computer game and trying to get used to it.

I'm not saying pc is a horrible thing. In the long run, it is a lot more expensive however the new systems coming out keep pushing the difference closer to be about the same. $399 is a little too much but that price is going to drop and everyone knows it's going to drop to like 200 in a year or so. If you pick the system up when it's at 200 it's no less of a system. Computers don't quite work the same like that. The price is what it is right now is because microsoft knows people are willing to pay that much. Not to mention it has better specs then most 400 dollar computers, but at the same time is specifically designed for gaming. So if all you do is game, it's not such a bad deal. There will be some pretty cool games coming out, once again if you need suggestions...

The funny thing is you ignored the entire point about consoles being made for lower income families, when halo the game we're argueing about was made for a system that you can pick up USED at EB Games/Gamestop for 99 dollars when they have special deals (which is often). Lets see you pick up a computer for 99 dollars and lets see it play all the games out for pc.
In response to Jon Snow (#58)
No, I disagree with you, and since I only care about my opinion, I win.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5