ID:105895
 
"You'll rebel to anything(as long as it's not challenging)"
-Mindless Self Indulgence


Alright, I'm terribly sorry for the sudden post but I have a proposal for a system that I would like to get some input on.

This was brought up in my last blog post by C_Dawg.
I thought about it last night and I realized that having the player be stuck with the Pokémon they select at creation for the whole game could end up being pretty unbalanced. I just got the idea for this. I propose the Sticker System.


What is the 'Sticker System'?

The main idea is that the player can alter their species at a given time with the use of "Stickers". Stickers would represent a certain species and only that species. The first problem I came across was leveling and evolution.


How would leveling and evolution work?

After thinking about this for awhile, I figured that each sticker could have it's own rank which would determine how strong it is.
Ex.
Sticker: Absol
Rank: 1
Stats: {HP:43 ;Attack:60 ;Defense:54}

The above as compared to:

Sticker: Absol
Rank: 5
Stats: {HP:254 ;Attack:132 ;Defense:98}

Attacks, however would be unique to each sticker and fully customizable. The sticker would save whatever attacks the player has set to it so that all stickers wouldn't have the same attacks and the strategy aspect to combat wouldn't be inflicted.


Limitations on sticker use

There would be limits on when the player could use a sticker. For example, a player would not be able to change their sticker in battle.


Currency

I'd imagine stickers would become sought after in-game so why not add some commands to allow trading, or even a 'Trade Center' of sorts to allow bidding and trading. In other words, along with money, Stickers would likely end up being a secondary form of currency among players.


How would I get stickers?

Stickers would be obtained by defeating NPC Pokémon. However, you won't always be rewarded a sticker. It depends on how rare the Pokémon you defeated was.
Ex.

Say you defeated a Magikarp.
You'd have a pretty damn good chance of getting a 'Magikarp sticker'.

Now compare the above scenario to defeating a Charizard. You'd have a very slight chance at receiving a sticker.

Summary

The main idea is that the player would be able to change their species during play. Once changed, the player would stay as that species unless they decide to use a new sticker. The sticker system would make strategy a lot easier to utilize and allow further customization and another objective to the game.

Lastly, should legends be available as stickers? I know that defeating a legend and the 0.0001% chance of receiving a sticker would make them uncommon, but should legends be included?
I would LOVE to have all concerns, questions or ideas left below.


Thanks,
-Kumorii

MSN: kumzii@live.com
Skype: kumzii
Very Interesting,as long as it won't affect the whole gameplay and change most of what the players enjoyed in Pokemon Serenity,i believe its a great idea.
Perfect. And of course, legends in. But really really rare, or another idea. Doing quests for it, and still very rare.
Sounds pretty interesting. IMO, legends should be included. The 0.0001% chance of getting one is intriguing. It will make people want to play the game more. Also if someone did obtain one they would feel proud in a way. If people do obtain a legend sticker I'd say even after a Pwipe they get to keep it. Seeing as their so rare. Or maybe just don't Pwipe for long periods of time.
Dinomaster45 wrote:
Sounds pretty interesting. IMO, legends should be included. The 0.0001% chance of getting one is intriguing. It will make people want to play the game more. Also if someone did obtain one they would feel proud in a way. If people do obtain a legend sticker I'd say even after a Pwipe they get to keep it. Seeing as their so rare. Or maybe just don't Pwipe for long periods of time.

I'm completely against the whole 'Pwipe' idea which is why i only Pwipe if it's absolutely necessary.
Kumorii wrote:
Dinomaster45 wrote:
Sounds pretty interesting. IMO, legends should be included. The 0.0001% chance of getting one is intriguing. It will make people want to play the game more. Also if someone did obtain one they would feel proud in a way. If people do obtain a legend sticker I'd say even after a Pwipe they get to keep it. Seeing as their so rare. Or maybe just don't Pwipe for long periods of time.

I'm completely against the whole 'Pwipe' idea which is why i only Pwipe if it's absolutely necessary.

In that case you should include a system where even if you're a new player you can get into the action right away, and not be killed by the higher more experienced players. Maybe have some areas that only new players can stay at, and the same for players who have been on longer. Or maybe you already have this on your mind.
This system is superb, I could not even imagine thinking something of the likes.

Onto the Questions of wishful thinking!

For selling the Stickers, will there be a Player Market/Marketplace?

What would be the Max Rank for Stickers or is there any?

----
Kumorii:
Sticker: Absol
Rank: 1
Stats: {HP:43 ;Attack:60 ;Defense:54}

The above as compared to:

Sticker: Absol
Rank: 5
Stats: {HP:254 ;Attack:132 ;Defense:98}

----

Are all Sticker Stats random or are they fixed?

Are Effort Values, IV's, and Natures going to seen inside the game?

Thank you for reading these words that basically took me ten minutes to come up with.

-Kenny84

This is this cat. This is is cat. This is how cat. This is to cat. This is keep cat. This is a cat. This is retard cat. This is busy cat. This is for cat. This is twenty cat. This is seconds cat.
Now read every third word of each sentence/fragment.
Thanks a lot, bro.
Now, as for your questions...

That's what I was thinking with the Trade Center- auction or trade stickers for money, items or stickers or money for stickers, etc.

I'll likely set the rank limit to 5 and stats will be averaged like this:

Rank1: The Pokemon's average base stats.
Rank2: The Pokemon's average level 25 stats.
Rank3: The Pokemon's average level 50 stats.
Rank4: The Pokemon's average level 75 stats.
Rank5: The Pokemon's average level 100 stats.

I will probably set a random number that's in the average number's range to add for more chance to battle.

EV's are already featured and I'm not sure about including natures. If it comes down to it I'll probably give Pokemon natures based on the sticker.


You're welcome, and thank you for taking the time to read this. (:
It's a pretty damn good idea. I'm working on a pokemon game myself, this being it's most feared rival :p, and am having major problems with coming up with ways to handle more then one pokemon, but have a few ideas floating around. Good luck with the game.
The trade center sounds perfectly fine to me.

Since EV's are included, will there be items that enhance your EV's? If they are added, will they change the movement speed/Agility in battle?

Will there be a EXP Formula? By EXP Formula, I mean a diverse equation that calculates the players Experience gain (Not saying this to sound harsh). If there is, will it be based off of the Trainer Game's/Mystery Dungeon Series?

Thanks for reading/answering.
-Kenny84
@Disturbed: Thanks, bro and I wish you the best of luck. (:

@Kenny: That's the only problem I have with adding stickers. I have no damn clue what to do as far as experience goes.
Levels and evolution aren't a factor anymore. I was considering on giving each sticker a certain amount of experience required for it to Rank up.

As for EV enhancing items- I'm not sure.
It will likely get thrown in there whether it's post-release or not.
Why not change the Maximum Rank to Ten and change the Minimum Rank to Zero?

----
Rank 0: The Pokemon's average base stats.
Rank 1: The Pokemon's average level 10 stats.
Rank 2: The Pokemon's average level 20 stats.
Rank 3: The Pokemon's average level 30 stats.
Rank 4: The Pokemon's average level 40 stats.
Rank 5: The Pokemon's average level 50 stats.
Rank 6: The Pokemon's average level 60 stats.
Rank 7: The Pokemon's average level 70 stats.
Rank 8: The Pokemon's average level 80 stats.
Rank 9: The Pokemon's average level 90 stats.
Rank 10: The Pokemon's average level 100 stats.
----

It gets boring when you achieve the highest level in most games so, it'd be nice if game play were to last long, right? Or am I wrong? Plus, players could sell these Stickers for a larger price.

How many Stickers do you plan on having in the first version?

As for experience, I have no clue.
Kenny84 wrote:
Why not change the Maximum Rank to Ten and change the Minimum Rank to Zero?

----
Rank 0: The Pokemon's average base stats.
Rank 1: The Pokemon's average level 10 stats.
Rank 2: The Pokemon's average level 20 stats.
Rank 3: The Pokemon's average level 30 stats.
Rank 4: The Pokemon's average level 40 stats.
Rank 5: The Pokemon's average level 50 stats.
Rank 6: The Pokemon's average level 60 stats.
Rank 7: The Pokemon's average level 70 stats.
Rank 8: The Pokemon's average level 80 stats.
Rank 9: The Pokemon's average level 90 stats.
Rank 10: The Pokemon's average level 100 stats.
----

It gets boring when you achieve the highest level in most games so, it'd be nice if game play were to last long, right? Or am I wrong? Plus, players could sell these Stickers for a larger price.

How many Stickers do you plan on having in the first version?

As for experience, I have no clue.

That's actually a damn good point..
Would you happen to have a MSN?
Yes, I would.

xxKennyxx84@hotmail.com
Kenny84 wrote:
Yes, I would.

xxKennyxx84@hotmail.com

I added you.
Says you're offline, though.
I went to sleep afterwords.