ID:134182
 
Would there be a possibility for BYOND to have a title search? Because Advanced Searching a particular thing.. say Death Note. I search up Death Note from Creation Date then a bunch of other hubs show up, like Naruto, DBZ, etc. It's really annoying. So, yeah.. this is an idea.
Yeah, why does BYOND's search suck so bad? For example, consider this search for "My Life As A Spy". Naruto? Mall zombies? I mean, it's good that the actual MLAAS is put at the top, but why can't you cull the rest of the crap out of there?
In response to PirateHead (#1)
It's just an OR search. Given the common thing these days is to have an AND search, maybe it wouldn't be too tough to add in the extra processing step.
In response to PirateHead (#1)
PirateHead wrote:
Yeah, why does BYOND's search suck so bad? For example, consider this search for "My Life As A Spy". Naruto? Mall zombies? I mean, it's good that the actual MLAAS is put at the top, but why can't you cull the rest of the crap out of there?

Add quotes: "my life as a spy"
In response to Jtgibson (#2)
Jtgibson wrote:
It's just an OR search. Given the common thing these days is to have an AND search, maybe it wouldn't be too tough to add in the extra processing step.

Add a plus sign to the beginning of any word to require its presence in the search results. The original poster on this thread could either search for +death +note or "death note".
In response to Mike H (#4)
Can we be able to search more than one forum section?
Have radio checkboxes in the search for each forum. :)
In response to Flame Sage (#5)
Flame Sage wrote:
Can we be able to search more than one forum section?
Have radio checkboxes in the search for each forum. :)

[link]

=P
In response to Flame Sage (#5)
"Radio checkboxes"? :P I think you mean "checkboxes." "Radio buttons" are the round ones that allow only one selection, named after the clunky analog preset staton buttons on the stereo systems of certain pre-cambrian lifeforms, where when you pushed one down, whichever other one was pushed down would pop back up.

"Checkboxes", of course, are named after the boxes that Czechs would use to store their extra x's.