Boomer T wrote:
I understand several of Foomer's points, but I disagree on one point; review by someone who played and LIKED the game.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure I agree with it either. I only mention it because I don't like to see reviews which were made for the sole purpose of bashing the game in question. I think if you can't find something good to say along with the bad, you probably shouldn't be writing a review about it, since its obviously not your kind of game.
I think if you can't find something good to say along with the bad, you probably shouldn't be writing a review about it, since its obviously not your kind of game.

As long as it has some valid points, I don't see a problem.
As long as it isn't just, "this game sucks, don't play it".
But if you're playing a game that you just don't like, why even bother reviewing it? Its kind of like the expression, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."
Foomer wrote:
But if you're playing a game that you just don't like, why even bother reviewing it? Its kind of like the expression, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."

If there were no bad reviews, there would only be good reviews. Wouldn't that lead people to believe the review system is biased? That's like telling Gamespot not to review a game if it gets less than a 6.0.
Bwgmon wrote:
Foomer wrote:
But if you're playing a game that you just don't like, why even bother reviewing it? Its kind of like the expression, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."

If there were no bad reviews, there would only be good reviews. Wouldn't that lead people to believe the review system is biased? That's like telling Gamespot not to review a game if it gets less than a 6.0.

No, it's more like telling Gamespot not to review a game if they haven't played it.
No, it's more like telling Gamespot not to review a game if they haven't played it.

"If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."

Those aren't the same at all.
You can have nothing good to say even if you play the game.
Game reviews shouldn't be bad or good. They should be strictly neutral, with a good explanation of all the game's good and bad points. People who can't points out both good and bad features for a game shouldn't be reviewing - and a game with nothing but bad features isn't worth reviewing!
Foomer wrote:
People who can't points out both good and bad features for a game shouldn't be reviewing - and a game with nothing but bad features isn't worth reviewing!

A game with nothing but bad features is worth reviewing if only to provide a warning to others to stay away. By this logic no one would ever have reviewed Gigli. Heck, one site I know of does nothing but review irredeemably bad films.
Lummox JR wrote:
Foomer wrote:
People who can't points out both good and bad features for a game shouldn't be reviewing - and a game with nothing but bad features isn't worth reviewing!

A game with nothing but bad features is worth reviewing if only to provide a warning to others to stay away. By this logic no one would ever have reviewed Gigli. Heck, one site I know of does nothing but review irredeemably bad films.

And by this same logic, we should all be able to review games like GOA with absolutely no positive points. Just thought I'd point that out before I go skulk away.
<_< This is a terrible review. It's more of a "point out all the negative flaws and ignore any decencies" fest. Dan i'm dissapointed in you :(

The game's pretty kickass roleplay-wise. There are endless possibilities. Just thought i'd point that out~
The game has enough cheerleaders that a voice for the negatives was in order. He did mention the positive points, even though he made it clear that they're hard to experience well because of the flaws in the gameplay and interface. And every fair review I've read of this game has pointed out that actual roleplaying is thin on the ground where it even exists at all.

The game's main problems seem to be that 1) it has a steep learning curve, 2) griefing is encouraged by being easy for experienced players, and 3) griefing is hard for novice players to defend against.

I'm kinda disappointed myself, that you responded to this post so late in the game without at least bringing something new to the table. The points you've mentioned have already been discussed to death.
Psst. Don't feed me <3
Ok everyone, He mainly Reviewed it to tell you if he liked it or not, Not to hurt the game. Reviews are here for a reason to give peoples opinions, Masterdan as you see has his opinion, I also agree with most of the stuff he said the game is very confusing, equiping is hell of a job and lastly Graphics, At least make the walking a bit better not just facing forward magicly moving to the side.
ageed it sucks and needs to be REMOVED
Page: 1 2 3 4