- Editing text files from the BYOND Members File Space Management page - Being able to edit text files such as .html and .txt files from the members file management page would be great. You wouldn't have to delete/re-upload a new file every time you want to change something small in said text files.
- Optional Separator Arguments for
list2params() - An optional separator argument would allow developers to use params2list() and list2params() for all of their explode() and implode() needs. This argument would be set to "&" by default.
proc/explode( text, sep )
var/pos = findtext( text, sep )
while( pos )
l += copytext( text, 1, pos )
text = copytext( text, pos+1 )
pos = findtext( text, sep )
l += text
proc/implode( l, sep )
for( var/x = 1 to l.len )
. += ( l[x] + (x < l.len ? sep :null) )
for( var/x in explode( "HI_THERE_NOOB_FACE", "_" ) )
src << x
for( var/x in params2list( "HI_THERE_FREAK", "_" ) )
src << x
var/m = implode( list("1", "2", "3", "4", "5"), "_" )
var/m = list2params( list( "1", "2", "3", "4", "5" ), "_" )
isvar( varname, path ) - A proc which would allow us to tell whether a certain variable belongs to a certain datum type would be great. This would allow a developer who wants to write a small, customizable scripting language inside DM to do more thorough error checks.
- DS is parsing a script
- The parsing proc recognizes a variable reference of a certain datum type.
- The parsing proc wants to check whether said datum actually has said var. ( isvar( "powerlevel", /mob/monster ) )
- If said datum doesn't have said var:
-- Stop parsing script, return error.
- Otherwise continue parsing script.
And apart from the stated scenario, it could be put to many other intuitive uses.
- Joining multiple dreamseeker instances at a time - The way BYOND let you join games before was exactly like this. What happened? Why can't we open other instances of dreamseeker while joining another instance any more?