ID:132755
 
Before the update it was possible in the map editor to change the icon size as to be able to see more on the map, I wish to see this feature put back and if possible, extended on so as to be able to see the entire map at one go.
I much miss this feature as I recently had to finish a 75x75 maze map, and scrolling every 20 seconds in incredibly annoying and tedious to do.
Was there any reason for removing it in the first place? :(
Also the icon for atoms with no icons. You can't see things under atoms with no icons on the map because they are solid gray blocks now.
In response to Aaiko (#1)
Aaiko wrote:
Also the icon for atoms with no icons. You can't see things under atoms with no icons on the map because they are solid gray blocks now.

This is incredibly annoying for me.
In response to SuperAntx (#2)
Yeah, please add these features back in ^.^
Imagine trying to navigate a 1000x500 map! >:(
Not a happy camper.
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS. Honestly, ever since the last update mapping has been really lame and annoying.
In response to The peoples republic of china (#5)
And BYOND 460 still doesnt have it! QQ
I literally am no longer able to map [effectively]. What used to take 5 minutes now takes 20-30.
Why were they removed in the first place!??!
Bump! Why isn't this back yet! This is a royal outrage!
In response to Rushnut (#8)
I agree it should be put back in. Unless there was a good reason it was removed.
In response to Magicbeast20 (#9)
My guess is that it has something to do with laziness and the new ability to change the default size of icons.

(Doing so does not allow you to have a larger field of vision to map in, though, which is dumb.)
In response to The peoples republic of china (#10)
Looks like a petition with a rightful cause.
I'm in.

Bring back the previous Icon Size in Map Editing!
Sorry for the inconvenience. This change fell out of the process of supporting arbitrary icon sizes; I didn't realize so many used the smaller scale. We'll fix it in a future version.
In response to Tom (#12)
Tom wrote:
Sorry for the inconvenience. This change fell out of the process of supporting arbitrary icon sizes; I didn't realize so many used the smaller scale. We'll fix it in a future version.

Is this related? Because it's also a major setback if it has truly been disabled: http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=730676
In response to SilkWizard (#13)
SilkWizard wrote:
Tom wrote:
Sorry for the inconvenience. This change fell out of the process of supporting arbitrary icon sizes; I didn't realize so many used the smaller scale. We'll fix it in a future version.

Is this related? Because it's also a major setback if it has truly been disabled: http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=730676

It's related in the sense that the internal reworking of the map-editor made some of the existing stuff (small icons & area framing) difficult to preserve. However, we plan on reinstating both of these features in the near future, possibly as soon as 461.
In response to Tom (#14)
Tom wrote:
However, we plan on reinstating both of these features in the near future, possibly as soon as 461.

Awesome. I'll save writing paragraphs, but I can't lobby you enough to re-enable the Frame Areas setting as soon as possible. Without it, placing/editing areas on a map is not very feasible.
In response to SilkWizard (#15)
What's really sad for me, is that I've never used any of these features at all. o.O Frame Areas? I never even knew it was there until you mentioned it. And then whatever all the other people are talking about, I've never heard of those features either. Have I used them? I don't know; I don't pay that much attention when mapping TBH.
In response to Spunky_Girl (#16)
That's how it is. If you never go ahead and check what features a program has (or read its help file, which Dream Maker has), you'll never know that they exist.